• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other news, I've not managed to find ZeitMater's birth & marriage certificates which I've successfully put so safe they'll never be seen ever again.

Comment

Laundry done. Life is just one long round of fun at Christmastime

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Posting this from bonkers soft play area in north wales.

I can hardly hear myself post.

Why do children have to be so noisy?

And why can't one skip directly from single to grandparent?
        Sounds like my idea of hell

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Laundry done. Life is just one long round of fun at Christmastime
          I'm doing mine on Boxing Day, since it's a Saturday.

After I've made the obligatory visit to B&Q in the morning.

Comment

Just shuffled (again) through huge pile of papers that need giving to the solicitor - something I had resolved to do before Christmas.

All got too much - shoved back in box until New Year.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Just shuffled (again) through huge pile of papers that need giving to the solicitor - something I had resolved to do before Christmas.

Comment

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

MaccyD's for dinner methinks. No room for non-Christmas food in the fridge.

Comment

Just made some sausage rolls to use up some pastry. They'll do for supper and breakfast/lunch tomorrow. I also need to eat last night's leftovers. With that done, I will be near Fridge Zero, ready for the onslaught of leftover stuff-my-mum-bought-for-Christmas.

I'm banking on some good ham, and lots of turkey soup. I think I prefer her turkey soup to the actual turkey, it's so good

And there'll inevitably be a load of other stuff. There always is

Comment

After the closing of ZeitPater's Halifax accounts and the consumption by me, ZeitSis and ZeitNephew of yesterday's rather toothsome lentil <pfffft!> soup, we completely forgot to sign the probate forms.

So that'll have to be done after Xmas, sometime.

Whilst searching for ZeitMater's cunningly hidden birth certificate, I managed to find the death certs for my Great Uncle Samuel, who was run over by a horse & cart at the grand age of 5 in Water Street, Neath, and for his sister who only made it to 7 months.

Not forgetting various stuff about my aunts, one of whom died after her nightdress caught fire when she was 7 in 1929, and the other who died in 1949 from heart disease brought on by rheumatic fever.

I have the hospital bill from 1929 for £1/1/0 (a guinea).

There was no bill from 1949 since the NHS had arrived.

Comment

Working...
                      X