• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    cutney & biscuits.
    That was a test for my new glasses...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I've been out. The weather was under the impression that I did so for the sole purpose of getting drenched, and happily obliged. But it was actually to do my final run to assorted retail emporia before Christmas

The last of the Amazon parcels had arrived in the locker at Morrison's (does that take an apostrophe, or is there more than one Morrison?), so I've got them, which means the gifts are all sorted bar a couple of M&S vouchers which may well be replaced with cash if I can't be bothered to go there.

And Sainsbury's wasn't too bad; more like a late Saturday afternoon than a Tuesday, but just about bearable. In fact, the main reason for going there was to spend £15 on cleaning products in order to get a 7p/litre-off-petrol voucher, via another voucher which expires on Christmas day. Well, that and beer

So I now have plenty of beer and cleaning products, and intend to use takeaways for my evening meal today and tomorrow. And no more shops
      One Morrison but the shop has always been Morrisons.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        One Morrison but the shop has always been Morrisons.
        Ah, right. No point in wasting an apostrophe I suppose

Comment

Went to the Chinese for dinner. I passed the chippy on the way there and Salvatore was behind the counter in his apron, along with the young Chinese couple who've bought it! Presumably he's popping in as and when to provide consultancy services, which seems reasonable, as the shop still bears his family name and I suppose he wouldn't want to risk the quality declining even though he's retired

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning

Comment

Last invoice and timesheets of the year have duly been sent off

Comment

12.30 finish today, then off out with the kids to the cinema and then when we get home, bit of dinner and back out with mrs 5* to get the last few bits

Comment

Morning all. 1/2 day today, WFH, etc, as is one of my colleagues, so we are sharing our favourite Christmas songs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9URPvejWHk
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Bit of a rough night, weatherwise.

The hatch to the loft must have been bouncing up and down about 01:30 due to the wind.

Comment

Working...
                      X