• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and Happy Winter Solstice everybody!

Comment

I see the "Druids" have cocked up again by celebrating the Winter Solstice sunrise, although the alignment at Stonehenge is with the Winter Solstice sunset

Stonehenge winter solstice celebrated - BBC News

I mean, don't get me wrong, I've been to a few Winter Solstice gatherings at Stonehenge and it's a great party; but for King Arthur to suggest that "the ancients" celebrated the Winter Solstice sunrise is to wilfully ignore the actual physical layout of the stones he was standing amidst when he said it. Bless.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Well Adrian Flux finally coughed up a quote.

£1809.90.

Unbefeckinglievable.

All because I don't sleep in the place.

You couldn't make it up, really you couldn't.

Comment

Well Adrian Flux finally coughed up a quote.

£1809.90.

Unbefeckinglievable.

All because I don't sleep in the place.

You couldn't make it up, really you couldn't.
          Set up a crowdfunding page.

Comment

Well confused.com came up with the goods after a 20 minute phonecall on my batphone.

I now have to transfer the bed from the downstairs front room of this house to the back bedroom nextdoor so I can sleep in the sodding thing 1 day a week.

Comment

Just bought an M&S cheese selection thingie with cutney & biscuits.

It was £25.

Xmas comes but once a year, thank feck.

Traffic in Swansea was nose to tail. Not fun driving at all.

Comment

Just received a JL Christmas hamper and gift voucher from ClientCo
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Well confused.com came up with the goods after a 20 minute phonecall on my batphone.

I now have to transfer the bed from the downstairs front room of this house to the back bedroom nextdoor so I can sleep in the sodding thing 1 day a week.
                  Excellent!

Well, not the sleeping around thing, but at least that's sorted out before Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Just received a JL Christmas hamper and gift voucher from ClientCo
                    Another win!

Comment

I've been out. The weather was under the impression that I did so for the sole purpose of getting drenched, and happily obliged. But it was actually to do my final run to assorted retail emporia before Christmas

The last of the Amazon parcels had arrived in the locker at Morrison's (does that take an apostrophe, or is there more than one Morrison?), so I've got them, which means the gifts are all sorted bar a couple of M&S vouchers which may well be replaced with cash if I can't be bothered to go there.

And Sainsbury's wasn't too bad; more like a late Saturday afternoon than a Tuesday, but just about bearable. In fact, the main reason for going there was to spend £15 on cleaning products in order to get a 7p/litre-off-petrol voucher, via another voucher which expires on Christmas day. Well, that and beer

So I now have plenty of beer and cleaning products, and intend to use takeaways for my evening meal today and tomorrow. And no more shops

Comment

Working...
                      X