• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Stopping up with poorly pooch so Mrs 5* doesn't come down stairs to a problem

Couple glasses of vino and return of the Jedi until 2am should do the trick
    How is the hound?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Morning

Flippin 'eck folks, it's Wednesday! You do realise that this means tomorrow is Thursday? But not just any Thursday.

Tomorrow is;
      a) Christmas dinner at staff canteen (I won't be going)
      b) Typically the day when all the motivational BS emails from management get sent thanking everyone for not keeling over this year and making a commitment to 'work smarter' next year.
      c) Most importantly, it's my last day at client co for the year.
      Zeity cuts to the chase: How's yer arse doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Start looking at reviews for comfortable seat covers asap.

Looking at the bright side, you've now got a nice new clothes horse.
        Yes, many Amazon comments about the advisability of a gel seat cover

I've toughened my arse up before, I can do it again. Apart from anything else, I'll need to for when I get a proper bike

And I got a folding one so I can shift it out of the way when not in use. The stepladder will have to continue with its clothes horse duties

Comment

Morning

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            How is the hound?
            Hound was better last night, must have enjoyed the plain roast chicken and rice

Comment

The vet suggested plain white rice, but we only have long grain basmati. Still got scoffed.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Awaiting an exciting delivery today: an exercise bike!

Although the long term plan is still to get a proper bike, I've been putting it off because I need to address my general out-of-shapeness first. As the weather's also unlikely to be conducive to cycling much for a couple of months or more, I decided to get a cheap-but-well-reviewed exercise bike for now, to hopefully let me get my general level of fitness back more to where it ought to be.

I suspect the first serious bout of exercise it provides will be getting the box upstairs when it's delivered, but I daresay I'll manage
                If the exercise bike doesn't work out (I hate the things , they are nothing like riding an actual bike and there is a reason most of them end up as clothes horses) then a real bike plus a basic Turbo Trainer is a good option.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  Hound was better last night, must have enjoyed the plain roast chicken and rice
                  Not sure the hound enjoyed star wars, but I certainly did

Comment

Morning, getting the hand of this early morning lark, still think the M60 was designed by some sadist but the drive to ClientCo is averaging about 2 hours in the morning, and about 1 hour 40 on the drive home. If I leave at 6 rather than 6:30 I imagine I would miss most of the stress, but seem as this place has a habit of booking meetings at 16:00 - 17:00 its not like I could leave any earlier!
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Can't the chauffeur do it?

Or has he lost the magick locking wheel nut thingie?
                      I allowed the staff to take a week off as I have them working double shifts throughout Christmas.
                      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Working...
                      X