• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Need to remember to send xmas cards this week. Over here the cloggies don't do xmas in the conventional sense as theirs is over and done with on the 5th.
    With chocolate letters

Comment

I need to go to the chemist now I've got my prescription. It's just one damn thing after another…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I need to go to the chemist now I've got my prescription. It's just one damn thing after another…
        can't you switch to 2 monthly prescriptions? That would help wouldnt it?
        Join IPSE

Comment

Well thank feck that's over.

Though it'll start again in the new year.

The exercise that used to use CadStar(tm) but now uses EasyPCB instead has had professional quality boards made outside.

Double sided, plated through holes, solder resist & silk screen.

Naturally enough, they're also small at about 30mm x 20mm, with thin tracks.

In fact, completely unlike the ZeitVersion(tm) which is big (55mm x 30mm), fat, single sided with 50thou tracks and non plated through holes, with text of a size an Old GAL can read in copper on the copper side to make life easy.

So, to sum up, this afternoon has been a pain in the 'arris, as it were.

Best bit was the guy who built the first one on the solder side of the board, just to give I a .

2nd best bit was the chap holding the solder (tin/lead) in his mouth as a 3rd hand.

In fact, it resembles the Bright Idea of buying a £500/seat PIC cross compiler so the little darlings can program PICs in C instead of proper assembler.

And the other Bright Idea of letting them choose their own PIC in the Microchip site instead of me telling them what we've got in stores that'll do what they want.

Ho fecking hum.
          Last edited by zeitghost; 10 December 2015, 16:38.

Comment

I think I'll be ever so glad to retire.

If only to get the pleasing thought that Mauve Monkey is subsidising me with his tax.

Comment

Byeeeeee

Comment

Afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                  can't you switch to 2 monthly prescriptions? That would help wouldnt it?
                  Dunno - I just accept whatever the doc does. I don't want to try to get the system to do anything it's not geared for, as it would probably go completely tits up. There are already enough cockups to put me off meddling

The good news is that the pharmacy has extended its opening hours, including at weekends, to 10pm, and is also now opening on Sundays. This removes the last barrier to switching to electronic prescriptions, whereby I make the request online each month and it's automatically sent to the pharmacy, whence I can collect it. I didn't want to do this before because of the risk of suddenly getting a contract a long way away with an immediate start which might make it difficult to get there in time, as they previously only opened fairly briefly on Saturday, and if I missed it for some reason I could end up with no meds for up to a week. But with the new opening times, even I would have difficulty failing to make it there at some point over the weekend

So that'll remove one minor hassle point from my month

EDIT: ah yes, the other potential problem would be if, on a Saturday when I got there, they'd run out some particular one of the six drugs I get, which happens from time to time. It would be all well and good giving me a chit and telling me it would be ready for me on Monday, but if on Monday I've driven to some ClientCo a hundred-odd miles away, that wouldn't help.
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 10 December 2015, 17:48.

Comment

I'm currently ripping the Old Grey Whistle Test DVDs into iTunes. Sorting out the metadata is proving to be a bit laborious.

I'm only on DVD 1, which has 25 performances on it, plus a few interviews, and some other stuff that I'm not bothered about like a photo gallery. But the DVD itself has, IIRC, 73 tracks on it.

One of those is the entire programme, about 2h10m, so that's fine. Then there are the individual performances that make up the programme. But they aren't on the disc in any order that correlates with the listing, and the TVDB API doesn't have the information.

So I've basically ended up with 70+ videos in iTunes. I have to watch the first few seconds, or up to a minute in some cases, of each one to find out what it is, then edit its metadata to give it the correct artist and song title, and get it sorting in the right place. There are duplicates, and duplicates of duplicates (in fact, four separate copies of The Wailers circa 1974). And there are often at least two versions of a performance: one with just the performance, and one with the relevant talking head (Bob Harris, or whoever) introducing it from the present day. And some of the modern-intro-plus-performance ones also have duplicates.

I'm currently down to about a dozen left, and I've still not found Roxy Music, who are around number twelve in the actual programme/track listing.

Ho hum. Only three more discs to do exactly the same with after this one

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I have the opposite problem. I need to go the the chemist for my prescription. Down to last tablet - popped into the surgery to pick it up. It wasn't there - it's been sent to my nominated pharmacy. I have never nominated a pharmacy - and if I were to, it would be the one 200 yards down the road, not the one 7 miles away near clientCo. Apparently I "must have" filled in a signed a form. I damned well didn't and will be demanding to see evidence. A new prescription could not be issued, so it's a trip into town before heading up to London tomorrow. Really cross!! Second Boots cock up in two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                      X