• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The DVDs have them in production order.
    On second thoughts: looking at the first couple of DVDs, the UK ones (as opposed to the Region 1 ones referred to by Wikipedia) seem to not even be in production order. They go 1-2-3-5-4-6-7. Not sure why that would be, and I haven't checked the remaining six discs (yet)

Here are seven possible orders based on various criteria, none of which seem to match the Region 2 DVDs: UFO Series Frequently Asked Questions

EDIT: that link suggests the Region 2 order is from the Fanderson website.
    Last edited by NickFitz; 3 December 2015, 11:04.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Stone me, there's a lot of work in that.
      Quite impressive, I thought

Comment

The set I've got appear to have been produced for region in 2 in Australia.

The quality is fantastic, much better than the transfers to dvd of other Uk programmes done by Network in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          The set I've got appear to have been produced for region in 2 in Australia.

The quality is fantastic, much better than the transfers to dvd of other Uk programmes done by Network in the UK.
          Mine is by Carlton, and appears to date from 2002. It claims it has been "digitally remastered", and certainly the image right at the start of the contact lens thingy being taken out of the alien's eye is sufficiently clear to be slightly stomach-turning

I think we're overdue for a 4K remaster from the original footage, though

Comment

Hello denizens

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Mine is by Carlton, and appears to date from 2002. It claims it has been "digitally remastered", and certainly the image right at the start of the contact lens thingy being taken out of the alien's eye is sufficiently clear to be slightly stomach-turning

I think we're overdue for a 4K remaster from the original footage, though
              I think this is the one I've got:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/UFO-Gerry-An...1&keywords=ufo

Comment

Morning all.
                Tulipy day at work. Would like to disable most users from having access to the system, and to at least one of the developers as well.
                Tulipy at home too - the wife (tm) dropped her work iphone down the bog at work yesterday. After listening to her tell me why I shouldn't put it in the food dehydrator last night, I did. It works this morning (well, it comes on, but won't charge up). Needs replacing.

On the bright side...

Nope. Can't see any bright side today.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  Hello denizens
                  Morning

Comment

"better than the carlton version" according to someone whose shift key is broken. Hmmm… Christmas soon, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Morning all.
                      Tulipy day at work. Would like to disable most users from having access to the system, and to at least one of the developers as well.
                      Tulipy at home too - the wife (tm) dropped her work iphone down the bog at work yesterday. After listening to her tell me why I shouldn't put it in the food dehydrator last night, I did. It works this morning (well, it comes on, but won't charge up). Needs replacing.
                      At least it's only the work one

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      [IMG]http://forums.contractoruk.com/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAPANU3ALG18WZpmV9ij3N3rcHE9Ie Lyp6j7GNmk2tuoMTH9bzA825xpMjL9ba68l1gi5SY3XyAur3A8 3p+t7i88lpdh2Fkks/R9qit8F5hjWVol2ltnsrN9q2y8Y6S1JOX23t/ubq987a58p+k7pyh6YmNzcvO9qGl7pCV2Juf556j7YaKyZaa4J id5HF0qaKm7pec4qOo76qv8Hd7ssXI9aer7////wAAAP///wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACH5BAEAADcALAAAAAA PAA8AAAaKwJtQaCsWh8hbkZEgKBpHpM2ymREiE8DFYBtOS0VQC FB8FLrKja1Ws3HWbUjXxlgbacY2opiwF115NhlFV3A2IoYaFUU KWUUpKCtFAwECRQ0AMTAjLx4dKhILBw5zFyYsJ0YSLQEYaDYGD yQ2HzIDNpUUaEoFEAMLGgEHGLpJRQgZFQKku8ZGzTdBADs=[/IMG]
                      I get the impression Base64 image embeds don't work here

Comment

Working...
                      X