• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copter flying down the Thames

The first of about 20 expected today.

Comment

Again truly baffled by the episode order of "UFO" on the dvds.

I must say that the voice over by George Sewell was a bit of a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Again truly baffled by the episode order of "UFO" on the dvds.

I must say that the voice over by George Sewell was a bit of a waste of time.
        The DVDs have them in production order. There is no definitive broadcast order, as individual ITV regions showed them in different orders, and even showed different episodes on the same day (e.g. a viewer in the Granada region might see episode X while, on the same day, a viewer in Grampian saw episode Y). And some regions didn't broadcast all episodes on the first run either: they didn't show some until a repeat run in 1973 (I believe Anglia, where I then lived, was one of these). So the production order is really the only consistent one.

EDIT: The episodes Conflict (1-05), E.S.P. (1-06), and The Sound of Silence (1-07) all have the same first broadcast date, 7 October 1970, because of different regions mucking about with the order
        Last edited by NickFitz; 3 December 2015, 10:07.

Comment

The assembled congregation will be pleased to learn that the fully assembled pcb for the ZeitMagnetometer(tm) appears to work quite successfully.

I still managed to burn myself on the 10 ohm resistor though.

Comment

The assembled congregation will be pleased to learn that the fully assembled pcb for the ZeitMagnetometer(tm) appears to work quite successfully.

Could have been worse.

'The electric shock that transformed my life' - BBC News
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The DVDs have them in production order. There is no definitive broadcast order, as individual ITV regions showed them in different orders, and even showed different episodes on the same day (e.g. a viewer in the Granada region might see episode X while, on the same day, a viewer in Grampian saw episode Y). And some regions didn't broadcast all episodes on the first run either: they didn't show some until a repeat run in 1973 (I believe Anglia, where I then lived, was one of these). So the production order is really the only consistent one.

EDIT: The episodes Conflict (1-05), E.S.P. (1-06), and The Sound of Silence (1-07) all have the same first broadcast date, 7 October 1970, because of different regions mucking about with the order
              It's quite surreal.

And the glorious Ms Drake* is only in 11 episodes, while George Sewell is in 17, presumably both due to the hiatus when the MGM studio closed.

Sewell was off doing something else when production resumed at Pinewood.

*Actually I find the other ladies with purple hair rather more interesting.

Comment

It's quite surreal.

And the glorious Ms Drake* is only in 11 episodes, while George Sewell is in 17, presumably both due to the hiatus when the MGM studio closed.

Sewell was off doing something else when production resumed at Pinewood.

*Actually I find the other ladies with purple hair rather more interesting.
                Somebody's put a lot of thought into the matter: UFO Episode Timing

Comment

Comment

Just nipped the heating on, feet are a little cold.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Somebody's put a lot of thought into the matter: UFO Episode Timing
                      Stone me, there's a lot of work in that.

Comment

Working...
                      X