• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Dear me.

Now a lesson in how you get plus and minus 5V from a single 5V power supply: in essence, you can't

Yes you can, just not at the same time.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

And now we do the lesson on fault finding on the piece of crap you've built (wrong) on a breadboard.
      It didn't work coz he'd left a wire out.

And the breadboard was crap just to add to the joy.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Yes you can, just not at the same time.
        They also seem to mistake the chassis ground of the power supply for actual ground.

Which it ain't since the 3 power supplies are floating.

We had that 3 times today.

And the wondrous CCS compiler is, IMHO, an overpriced piece of crap.

One installation has lost its config file so won't run the compiler.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Just had afternoon tea with cucumber sandwiches a big fry-up

Now I won't feel hungry again until about midnight, at which point I'll fancy a full roast dinner or something
          If I don't stop eating so much I'm going to hit 14st soon.

Comment

To celebrate the lack of the 17:12 to Chester, I'm working on until 17:00, at which time I'll meander down the hill to the station, purchase a South Wales Evening Post (now owned by Mirror Group), and read it in the comfort of the 125.

Which I hope is waiting on the station right now.

Comment

If I don't stop eating so much I'm going to hit 14st soon.
              Sadly, that ship sailed for me earlier this year, and I don't seem to be having much success in bringing it back to harbour

I'm thinking of getting an exercise bike, as I suspect that I need to get my fitness levels up from the wretched pit in which they currently languish before I can consider using a real bike for travelling any worthwhile distance. Also, rain and sleet and things at this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Sadly, that ship sailed for me earlier this year, and I don't seem to be having much success in bringing it back to harbour

I'm thinking of getting an exercise bike, as I suspect that I need to get my fitness levels up from the wretched pit in which they currently languish before I can consider using a real bike for travelling any worthwhile distance. Also, rain and sleet and things at this time of year.
                Use the winter to get the "puppy fat" off, then come spring you will be lean and mean and ready to get run over by a HGV
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Evening

Comment

I'm experiencing something new tonight. Stella black?
                    Never heard of it before but it seems ok.

Comment

I've been summoned to client site as they are having an inspection
                      So it's a night away and a few beers and a meal

Comment

Working...
                      X