• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    they are pretty simple but built very cheaply to not be repaired, if its not the fuse I would throw it
    I'm sure it's just the dust that's accumulated in it:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    My fan heater cuts off almost as soon as it's switched on. It then runs for about five seconds at a time every few minutes, thereby providing an irritating background noise while failing to actually heat the place

Peering through the grille in the top, I can see that an exceptionally thick layer of dust has accumulated over all the internal components in the fifteen years or so I've had it. I need to take the lid off and give it a good clean, which might allow the thermostat to operate correctly, but it needs a hex screwdriver. I may have one in the boot of the car, but it's too cold to go out there looking for it. So I'm making do without for now
    I figure it's worth opening it up and getting the dust out of it, and seeing if that fixes it. If not, I'll get a new one, but it seems a shame to chuck it if that's all that's needed

Comment

I daresay it'll be more satisfying to have electrocuted myself
      FTFY <=NF

Says the GAL with the ZeitLeakyWashingMachineScavengePump(tm).

Comment

BT reckon the phone will be fixed by the 26th.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all.

Another grey day in the slough of despond.

Comment

Morning

Comment

Morning 5x and the rest!
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'm sure it's just the dust that's accumulated in it:

I figure it's worth opening it up and getting the dust out of it, and seeing if that fixes it. If not, I'll get a new one, but it seems a shame to chuck it if that's all that's needed

How about getting a vacuum cleaner and sucking the dust out?

Now, question of the day (for anyone who hasn't put me on ignore)... does anyone have any recommendations for a tenor ukulele, preferably one available in the UK?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Feck me.

Don't you just love tools that make the job more difficult?

C Compiler : CCS.

Simulator: Proteus.

Simple design: keypad and LCD.

Can we make the fecking thing do something sensible?

No wuking fay.

Comment

Just been looking at a listing file produced by the CCS compiler.

It uses "GOTO" for "calls" to functions, which then use "GOTO" to "return" whence they came.

Never seen that implemented before, but I suppose it makes sense for machines with (extremely) limited stack.

Comment

Working...
                      X