• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having sat down to post some nonsense while drinking my tea, I've found it necessary to get the fan heater to take some of the chill off the air.

Comment

Just discovered I've burned the wall paper with a halogen lamp.

Ooooops.

Just as well ZeitMater is in a home.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Having sat down to post some nonsense while drinking my tea, I've found it necessary to get the fan heater to take some of the chill off the air.
        My fan heater cuts off almost as soon as it's switched on. It then runs for about five seconds at a time every few minutes, thereby providing an irritating background noise while failing to actually heat the place

Peering through the grille in the top, I can see that an exceptionally thick layer of dust has accumulated over all the internal components in the fifteen years or so I've had it. I need to take the lid off and give it a good clean, which might allow the thermostat to operate correctly, but it needs a hex screwdriver. I may have one in the boot of the car, but it's too cold to go out there looking for it. So I'm making do without for now

Comment

Well there's the Sunday shopping trip done & dusted.

24 pack of bogroll bought in Lidl(tm). I'd nearly run out. And you can't be too careful.

Plus the unmissable bargain of a set of carborundum tipped hole saws for £9.99.

I have no idea if I'll ever use them, but they'll keep the other 2 sets company.

If I can find them.

More fruit juice bought from Tesco(tm), with some carrots and a litre of milk.

I nearly bought some spuds, but restrained myself since I haven't consumed those I harvested from the ex-greenhouse in September.

And some bargain pork pies purchased from Morrisons, along with some icecream cones, to which I appear somewhat addicted at present.

And I've just run the vac over ZeitMater's house in a vain attempt to keep the filth in check.

I don't seem to have the energy to do the same to my house anymore.

Memo to self: call the fecking plumber.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            My fan heater cuts off almost as soon as it's switched on.
            I remember the ZeitFanHeater of immortal memory taking out the trip in work in spectacular fashion some 20 or so years ago.

It had travelled around with me to various places & finally expired when the heating element sagged.

Comment

Since it's cold in here at the moment, the ZeitDehumidifiers are turning their compressors on and off so that they can defrost.

In the summer they just run.

I've noticed that some woodwork is drying out quite a lot.

Amazing what a change you can get by extracting a gallon of water a day.

We won't mention the cost of the electrickery so to do.

Comment

Brought mine down from the attic today. After about four hours of use I checked the water tank and it was completely dry. Darn thing seems to have stopped working.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Good lunch with the twins.

Then a nice sleep.

I could go downstairs for dinner. But that would mean interacting with Landlord. So Tesco sandwiches to eat in my room it is.....

Comment

Well there we are, the gutter behind the garage cleared out a bit.

The rotten underlay in the office chopped up & binbagged.

The decayed rubbery stuff scraped off the floor boards.

The remaining dust vacced.

Fecking knackered now.

Thankfully I can sleep in a bit tomorrow since I'm in the dentists for a check up at 09:10.

Comment

I have just run over my foot with mother's buggy.

Despite it having lived out the way on the landing of her flats for the last 20 odd years, the new warden has decided that now she is dead it's an 'elf and safety hazard; so now it really is an 'elf and safety hazard, blocking, as it does, the hallway in her flat, and causing people to run it over their feet in an attempt to manoeuvre it through the fire doors.

Tis in the 'for sale' bit of gumtree and freeads, but no interest thus far.

Anyone want an invalid scooter? 200 notes - no reasonable offer refused. Apparently they are an excellent source of parts for building a robot for robot wars.

Comment

Working...
                      X