• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon All

100% unbored at the mo. Which is never a good thing.

Comment

That's Ikea done

Initial impressions on arriving: WTF, don't these people have jobs? Why are they all here, and all at the same time?

I ended up parking next to the most distant parking space in the car park. Admittedly I'd passed five or six spaces to get there, but they weren't much closer and all had big things badly parked next to them, meaning I would have had difficulty getting myself in and out of the car.

Still: additional shelves, and a desk!

The desk weighs 22.2kg, or about 50lbs in proper units. After an initial attempt I decided this was too heavy to carry from the car to the flat, so I gave my stair-climbing sack truck its first run out. Turns out its solid construction means that it's quite heavy in its own right. Still, I got the desk from the car, across the yard, in the house, and up the various stairs without too much difficulty, so I'd say it's a win

I'd also say that next time I want something from Ikea that weighs more than about 15lbs, I'm going to have it delivered

Comment

Now I've just about recovered from bringing the desk upstairs, I'm going to pop to the shop for some milk and make myself a nice pot of tea

Comment

I will never go to IKEA again. Or centreparcs. But then I said in 2003 I would never get re-married or have more children.

People take a day off to go there! Yes really!

Comment

Well there we are then.

Just been briefed (oooer, mrs) on the SA1 development.

Our lot is the first lucky lucky people to go down there.

I managed to avoid saying that I'm retiring the day the removal people turn up.

Comment

Another couple of days of extra time in bed in the mornings.

Arriva Trains Wales are on strike tomorrow & Friday, so, all being well, Zeity will catch the FGW 125 to & from Swansea.

Luxury.

Bet it'll be the fecker in reverse formation just to piss me off.

Byeeeee

Comment

Just watched the BFI's digitally restored HD print of Gaslight on blu-ray. Excellent stuff

Comment

There's a Stasi Neighbourhood Watch meeting tonight. Can't decide whether to have dinner now, or leave it until after.

It starts at 7:30 and, looking at the agenda, you'd expect that everything could be wrapped up in forty-five minutes or so; but it always seems to drag on until getting on for ten

Comment

First residential christmas tree just spotted, I am going to have to walk past it every day now .

Too early!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Another couple of days of extra time in bed in the mornings.

Arriva Trains Wales are on strike tomorrow & Friday, so, all being well, Zeity will catch the FGW 125 to & from Swansea.

Luxury.

Bet it'll be the fecker in reverse formation just to piss me off.

Byeeeee

Sadly not

Linky

Hope you read this in time!

Comment

Working...
                      X