• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from cannes, if I could share the view .....

Hotel bar chatter last night after the (hot) marathon: at least one fatality is becoming the norm

I have never run/shuffled past someone receiving CPR before and he was the one that was not the reported fatality. A few hours in there were ambulances all over the course picking up the people down and with the strict 6 hour cutoff the broom van was full too.

How can this be a positive event, these little runs used to be fun.
    I could live here though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
      Greetings from cannes, if I could share the view .....

Hotel bar chatter last night after the (hot) marathon: at least one fatality is becoming the norm

I have never run/shuffled past someone receiving CPR before and he was the one that was not the reported fatality. A few hours in there were ambulances all over the course picking up the people down and with the strict 6 hour cutoff the broom van was full too.

How can this be a positive event, these little runs used to be fun.
      I could live here though.

Unfortunately I have - New Year's day parkrun, when one of our regulars died.

Comment

Morning all.

Dead on my feet this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I know, but Scourer's suggestion of yeasty jelly was too good to let pass
          It still seems remarkably liquid and unjellylike this morning.

Maybe it needs freezing or sommat.

I shall have some with custard this evening.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and rather windy out there, it would seem. There aren't many leaves left on the trees at the front

The ones that are left are a very pretty golden colour though

Comment

Morning

Comment

Morning all. American bosses in to visit this week so we all have to be on our best behaviour.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

ZeitBoredNow(tm).

Most gratified to see that despite all my efforts on Friday afternoon, the lab didn't get used at all over the weekend.

Though the power was left on.

Comment

I think I just lost the will to live.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      I think I just lost the will to live.
                      Links are up, if you need a way to pass the time

Comment

Working...
                      X