• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      This is, now, according to the wireless, the New Healthy Eating.

Is that ready made dripping or sommat you have to stick in the oven, make a horrendous smell, and render?
      I was inspired to get it by listening to Food Programme after you mentioned it here

It's just ready made for now. First stop: roast potatoes

Comment

Oh, and morning denizens

Another grey start

Much banging from next door's roofers, too <- like that, but with a roof instead of a computer

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I was inspired to get it by listening to Food Programme after you mentioned it here

It's just ready made for now. First stop: roast potatoes
          Get some lard as well next time and you can make your own pork pies.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The useless UK Mail have finally managed to dig my parcel out of their depot, and it's on its way this morning

Well, they say it is. I still wouldn't be surprised if it never arrives for some unexplained reason

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              I've got some lard in the fridge.

I think it was best before some time in 2014, around about the time ZeitMater stopped baking stuff.

I'm proposing to make fatballs for the birdies out of it, just to keep that fecking parrot quiet.

Interestingly, the low fat spread stuff all went mouldy (as in grey & furry) very quickly, whereas the butter that's been festering in the other fridge & marked "bbe april 15" is still fine.

No idea what that proves.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The useless UK Mail have finally managed to dig my parcel out of their depot, and it's on its way this morning

Well, they say it is. I still wouldn't be surprised if it never arrives for some unexplained reason
                Fingers, toes & claws crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Yes, I think incorporating health-giving lard into the diet is next

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I had same at CHester zoo. Bought a toy for £10. DEclined first time - then charged twice. Credit card company just refunded one - very annoying that they have not just taken your word for it.

In 1985 I paid £8 for petrol. Came through as £18 on statement. Luckily I had the original card (remember that machine you put your card into and it pushed CC details into carbon paper?). Attendant had changed eight to eighteen and pocketed a tenner!

In better news, in 1988 I went to a cash machine. Abbey National(Santender?) in queen street. Went for £100. Took ages. I thought "here we go. it will timeout. statement will say £100 out and £100 back as usual". But after a minute cash came out. statement said £100 out and £100 back so I was £100 up!
                    Just checked, and the two dodgy transactions seem to have vanished without a trace

Comment

My virgin media 'enhancement' appears to have taken place and resulted in a new IP address as predicted by NF in these annals only last week. At least, I assume that's why the NAS isn't responding. Investigations shall commence this very evening.

Comment

Working...
                      X