• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    You were doing all this madness in the dark?
    Yes, it was getting dark during the first round, and the eventual rescue happened in the misty nighttime

Comment

I thought Yodel were abysmal, but I must say UK Mail is managing to outdo them in the gross incompetence stakes. They had a parcel for me a few weeks ago which sat in one of their depots for three weeks, the tracking system just saying it was "Delayed", which they then returned to sender. Their online contact form never got anything other than an automated response. In the end I found out their Twitter account is the only place you'll get a reply from them, but they just lied and said they'd tried to deliver it twice before returning it - no word on when, in the three weeks, they'd supposedly tried.

The shipper has now sent the book out to me again, and exactly the same thing has happened - the tracker says they've got the parcel, it reaches a depot, and goes to "Delayed". I went straight to them on Twitter this time, and they've basically said "Nowt to do with us, contact the shipper". Quite how it's nowt to do with them when they're in possession of the parcel wasn't made clear.

I've contacted the shipper - who have already told me that they've had so many complaints about UK Mail that they're in the process of moving to a different company - in the hope they can put a boot up the place it belongs from their end

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I thought Yodel were abysmal, but I must say UK Mail is managing to outdo them in the gross incompetence stakes. They had a parcel for me a few weeks ago which sat in one of their depots for three weeks, the tracking system just saying it was "Delayed", which they then returned to sender. Their online contact form never got anything other than an automated response. In the end I found out their Twitter account is the only place you'll get a reply from them, but they just lied and said they'd tried to deliver it twice before returning it - no word on when, in the three weeks, they'd supposedly tried.

The shipper has now sent the book out to me again, and exactly the same thing has happened - the tracker says they've got the parcel, it reaches a depot, and goes to "Delayed". I went straight to them on Twitter this time, and they've basically said "Nowt to do with us, contact the shipper". Quite how it's nowt to do with them when they're in possession of the parcel wasn't made clear.

I've contacted the shipper - who have already told me that they've had so many complaints about UK Mail that they're in the process of moving to a different company - in the hope they can put a boot up the place it belongs from their end
        Maybe they are doing you a favour and will deliver when there is space on the bookcase ?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I've had that before...only way I sorted it out was to go to the depot where the item was at and refuse to leave until they searched for and gave me the parcel!
          Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            Maybe they are doing you a favour and will deliver when there is space on the bookcase ?
            Oooo, cutting.

IIRC, there's at least one more bookcase to be assembled.

Or was that the desk?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              It's More Letters of Note, and I've got a space on the shelf ready and waiting for it, next to its predecessor Letters of Note. They're beautifully printed and bound

I was supposed to receive it direct from the publisher as soon as it was ready. That was late September. Thanks to UK Mail, I still don't have it

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                I've had that before...only way I sorted it out was to go to the depot where the item was at and refuse to leave until they searched for and gave me the parcel!
                I may end up doing that at this rate

Comment

eldest is back from uni for reading week, it gives me a chance to add some extra ram to her mbp

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Oooo, cutting.

IIRC, there's at least one more bookcase to be assembled.

Or was that the desk?
                    One bookcase left to do, and then I can sort out a desk. I need to get more shelves, too - I reckon I can fit an extra six in the three large bookcases

Comment

Hmm, parcel has now disappeared completely from UK Mail's tracker. IIRC this happened before, and it turned out to be their useless backend system being down

Comment

Working...
                      X