• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    And how many people will you make cry when you get there?
    Most likely just me crying this time.

Nice cannes marathon after 8 weeks salad-dodging on the bench - it's just going to hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Fog/mist still hasnt lifted.

I think its around all day
      Yes, I am a 5 min walk from canary wharf and I still can't see it. Eerily quiet without all the planes though.

Comment

Links are done, meaning I can now make my lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
          Most likely just me crying this time.

Nice cannes marathon after 8 weeks salad-dodging on the bench - it's just going to hurt.
          Bollox. You have done about 15 iron(wo)man so far? Doing a marathon is easy....

Comment

I had a weird, brief dream just before waking up this morning. I was in some open space (possibly Lincoln's Inn Fields) in London with somebody, and as we talked an airliner overhead suddenly turned round, cranked its engines up to full throttle and zoomed (much faster than an airliner) round to somewhere about a mile away where it crashed, clearly deliberately. I guessed that it went down somewhere like Trafalgar Square. Then I woke.

So if something like that happens, remember, you heard it here first and I am clearly psychic

Comment

You are pondy's mate and I claim my five disasters.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                You are pondy's mate and I claim my five disasters.
                One of my first thoughts after waking up was "This must be what Pondy's mate feels like every morning"

Comment

Back from an emergency trip to the vets. Cat was having problems with his back legs and couldn't move his tail at all. Painkillers and antibiotics for a suspected abscess around the base of his spine. Confined to quarters for a couple of days to see how he gets on and back for X-rays if there is no improvement. Couldn't x-ray on the spot as he wouldn't lie still and couldn't be sedated as he'd already eaten.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

BBC News website: "Why does fog cause chaos at airports?"

At a guess, it's because they're places where many very large objects full of people try to move around a small three-dimensional space at high speed, and if the people driving them can't see anything they're more likely to bump into each other

Comment

Change of plans: Ikea is on hold, as it's a faff getting there. Going to collect some stuff from delivery places and go shopping instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X