• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Good lunch hopefully?

The Norrparents will hit the big 60 in a couple of years too. Though no letter from Queenie as we're an ex colony, not that they'll care, tbh.
    Very nice, thanks. There was some kind of cockwomblery going on to one side of the plate with what appeared to be an attempt to make an artistic statement using two kinds of coloured mush or paste and a roasted parsnip, but I ignored that tomfoolery and concentrated on the very fine roast pork, roast spuds, yorkshire pud, apple sauce, and gravy occupying the rest of the space

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Going through mother's "stuff" there were a good half dozen letters with House of Commons headed paper responding to her concerns on various issues. I think she'd kept them because they looked important. Mind you, I still have my "letter from the queen" that I got after I sent her a Christmas card - and invited her to tea (she never came) - when I was about 8 and living in South Africa. No doubt one of my kids will bin it when I die.
      In the late 1980s my sister wrote a letter to her (Tory) MP objecting to the fact that MPs had just given themselves a massive pay rise at the same time as imposing a pay freeze on ambulance workers. The Tory wrote an insufferably patronising and pompous letter back, in which he declared that MPs worked much harder and had a much more difficult job than people on ambulances, and therefore deserved the money.

She was so incensed by this reply that she passed the letter to Paul Foot, who reprinted it in full in his column in the Daily Mirror

Comment

test please delete

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Very nice, thanks. There was some kind of cockwomblery going on to one side of the plate with what appeared to be an attempt to make an artistic statement using two kinds of coloured mush or paste and a roasted parsnip, but I ignored that tomfoolery and concentrated on the very fine roast pork, roast spuds, yorkshire pud, apple sauce, and gravy occupying the rest of the space
        love a good cockwomble but never heard it Used as an adjective
        Last edited by SimonMac; 25 October 2015, 21:17.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Tired

May get an early night. Though of course with all the clock shenanigans this weekend, it's hard to say whether it's early or not

Comment

Another couple of eps of "UFO" viewed.

They seem to be in an odd sort of order on the dvds.

i.e. not the order they were broadcast in.

Night all.

Plumber turning up tomorrow morning.

Allegedly.

Now where did I hear that previously?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In the late 1980s my sister wrote a letter to her (Tory) MP
              ZeitMater wrote a letter to Tony Benn & received a very nice note back.

He may have been as mad as a box of frogs, but he seems to have been a nice enough chap.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Another couple of eps of "UFO" viewed.

They seem to be in an odd sort of order on the dvds.

i.e. not the order they were broadcast in.

Night all.

Plumber turning up tomorrow morning.

Allegedly.

Now where did I hear that previously?
                I believe they were originally broadcast in the wrong order, for some reason.

According to Wikipedia, it's because the many different ITV regional stations chose their own running orders, to the extent that different regions broadcast different episodes on the same date and in the same timeslot

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X