• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

For Brillo/Dallas

Really nice write up of my mate's Ironman world championship experience

Blog - The Right Fit | The Right Fit

Comment

Morning denizens

Frost on the roofs of the outhouses. It's already thawing, without any actual direct sunshine, so it's not a heavy frost; but frost it is

Comment

Woke up over an hour ago and couldn't get back to sleep. This was particularly annoying as I don't really need to wake up for another hour yet

Comment

Anyway, today I travel southwards; for today is my parents' sixtieth wedding anniversary

They got a telegram from the Queen yesterday

We're all going out for Sunday dinner in a country pub that does very fine roast dinners. They had their big party back in the summer, so today's just immediate family

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Anyway, today I travel southwards; for today is my parents' sixtieth wedding anniversary

They got a telegram from the Queen yesterday

We're all going out for Sunday dinner in a country pub that does very fine roast dinners. They had their big party back in the summer, so today's just immediate family
              Excellent - many congrats to the FitzParents - and enjoy your fine roast dinner!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Woke up over an hour ago and couldn't get back to sleep. This was particularly annoying as I don't really need to wake up for another hour yet
                Well I woke up and the clock said 5. Not so bad, I thought, it's really 6 o'clock in yesterday's time. But no, the clock had not changed itself, so it was really 4 o'clock today's time.

Why do we say "o'clock"?
                Last edited by mudskipper; 25 October 2015, 09:03.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Excellent - many congrats to the FitzParents - and enjoy your fine roast dinner!
                  Cheers!

Comment

Well I woke up and the clock said 5. Not so bad, I thought, it's really 6 o'clock in yesterday's time. But no, the clock had not changed itself, so it was really 4 o'clock today's time.

Why do we say "o'clock"? :confused
                    Short for "of the clock". See, for example, Henry IV Part 2, Act 1, Scene 2:

Falstaff My Lord, I was born about three of the clock in the afternoon, with a white head and something of a round belly.

Comment

Why do we say "o'clock"?
                      Why We Say "O'Clock"

Comment

Working...
                      X