• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

More muppetry in the office today - turns out that the project I'm leading has had its IP space nicked by the geeks in High Performance Computing. Their original spec of "this will be hidden and separate from the production network" was woefully inaccurate.

Guess who is going to have to rewrite allocations for the affected addresses....

I wouldn't mind so much but they keep encroaching without so much as a proper consultation. Only a matter of time before it all breaks horribly.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      Morning all

More muppetry in the office today - turns out that the project I'm leading has had its IP space nicked by the geeks in High Performance Computing. Their original spec of "this will be hidden and separate from the production network" was woefully inaccurate.

Guess who is going to have to rewrite allocations for the affected addresses....

I wouldn't mind so much but they keep encroaching without so much as a proper consultation. Only a matter of time before it all breaks horribly.
      Fistfights in the canteen over IPv4 address space. This is how the inevitable collapse of civilisation begins

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Fistfights in the canteen over IPv4 address space. This is how the inevitable collapse of civilisation begins
        Not just any old space - there's a whole slew of 10.0.0.0/8 to choose from and they've nicked a few random /24 from the middle (and don't even need that much). It's replicating a previous setup but with some tweaks by an external supplier.
        Last edited by covbob; 21 October 2015, 10:51.

Comment

Been in the Project Room stipping paper out of files.

the Win7 box in there got turned on so I could have some heavy rock.

Except it's been rattling the drive ever since & there's no time for it to run anything but the update.

Comment

I'm off now to see if it's stopped.

fortunately my mp3 player is standing in for the interweb youtube thingie.

Once I'd found the AAA cells & figured out how to recharge them without the charger I'd taken home.

Comment

Bacon butty

And, importantly: coffee. Feeling a touch under the weather today for some reason

Comment

Bacon butty

And, importantly: coffee. Feeling a touch under the weather today for some reason
                There's nothing a Sausage casserole can't fix !

Comment

Woo and indeed Hoo.

After 13 months of solicitor letters I have finally been paid by a certain agency for work I carried out last July.

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Woo and indeed Hoo.

After 13 months of solicitor letters I have finally been paid by a certain agency for work I carried out last July.

Comment

Bacon butty

Still a bit here too

Comment

Working...
                      X