• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Well that was a crap couple of days.

Spent most of Sunday in A&E with GMIL, her having been despatched thither by the care home after they tried to call the doctor out and got told to call 111. Turns out she has (another) UTI and was sent home again 12 hours later.

Missed the rugby, although given the nature of the result for Scotland it probably saved my blood pressure.

Yesterday it appears MrsB has come down with Glandular Fever or one of it's close relatives.

Today a 5+ hour drive to Client C0. when it usually takes less than 4.

Ho. as they feckin' well say, Hum.
    <- manly

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Venus. I looked it up with my point-the-phone-at-the-sky app the other morning
      I shall point it out to the kids on Thursday morning if it's not cloudy. It's normally sat just above the chimney of the house over the road so it's hard to miss it. I was starting to wonder if Jesus had moved in.
      Last edited by barrydidit; 20 October 2015, 10:46. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Any idea what that fecking bright star thing is in the East? Visible about 6.30 am
        The sun?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          I shall point it out to the kids on Thursday morning if it's not cloudy. It's normally sat just above the chimney of the house over the road so it's hard to miss it. I was starting to wonder if Jesus had moved in.
          It's looking particularly fine at the moment

Also, Mars and Jupiter are very, very close to it (from our perspective, not really). Normally they'd really stand out in their own right, but Venus is putting them to shame just now

Comment

It's looking particularly fine at the moment

Also, Mars and Jupiter are very, very close to it (from our perspective, not really). Normally they'd really stand out in their own right, but Venus is putting them to shame just now
            What are you doing up at 6:30 whilst not in a contract?

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              I was going to bed

Comment

I was going to bed

Party lifestyle!

Comment

Party lifestyle!
                  If staying up late watching five episodes of The West Wing back-to-back counts as partying, then yes

Comment

NF keeps "alternative" hours when not in contract
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

If staying up late watching five episodes of The West Wing back-to-back counts as partying, then yes
                      Erm... rock on, dude?

Comment

Working...
                      X