• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Grey and a bit rainy here

I need to get my sleeping patterns back to more at night and less at day

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      This works!

I thought they'd be vinegary but they weren't. I put them in the fridge for an hour to cool and dry after 8 mins of simmering. 3 mins at 160. 4 at 190. Perfection. Served with Lomo Saltado as per the CUK cookbook (minus the rice as I cooked too many chips).

Cheers NF.

It's Kenji Lopez-Alt's discovery of the vinegar trick that gets the credit - it makes all the difference, IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Afternoon denizens

Grey and a bit rainy here

I need to get my sleeping patterns back to more at night and less at day
        Why would you want to do a silly thing like that?

You might meet people during the day

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          When are we doing lunch? I could do with a good cry....
          Onion dishes then?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            The will is residing with the solicitor.

Me and ZeitSis will need to go along with id and a death cert to collect it.

Then we can apply for probate.

I assume.
            Well, by dint of an email, ZeitSis managed to wheedle her way out of driving to the sunny metropolis of Port Talbot wherein resided the will by sending an email to the solicitor.

So I went and got it after a hissy fit while attempting to find the death certs which were cunningly hidden in plain sight by ZeitSis.

As for the applying for probate, this will have to wait for the filling in of forms PA2 and IHT207(2008).

It's a cunning ploy to have an interactive PDF that you can fill in & can't save.

Comment

Spag bol for tea, followed by ground rice and jam.

I can now just about move if I think about it very carefully.

Don't seem to have the portion size for the spag quite right.

The bol was spot on.

I'm sure that I had some time expired spag hanging about somewhere but maybe it either got eaten or binned.

The unexpired spag didn't really taste much different to be honest.

Comment

In other news, the plumber called this morning & did the usual poking of a match in the pilot light orifice to cure the lack of gas firey goodness.

He's returning on Tuesday morning to do the radweld job on the central heating system.

Comment

In other news, the plumber called this morning & did the usual poking of a match in the pilot light orifice to cure the lack of gas firey goodness.

He's returning on Tuesday morning to do the radweld job on the central heating system.
                  Flippin' 'eck Zeity - Radweld? That's going back a bit.

Like Redex - do they still do that stuff?

Comment

Spag bol for tea, followed by ground rice and jam.

I can now just about move if I think about it very carefully.

Don't seem to have the portion size for the spag quite right.

The bol was spot on.

I'm sure that I had some time expired spag hanging about somewhere but maybe it either got eaten or binned.

The unexpired spag didn't really taste much different to be honest.
                    Chilli con carne here for tea. Very nice it was too. Cup of tea now then off for an evening in Leicester.

Comment

Just returned from Client Co. down south. MrsB has provided tea, and dinner which will be presented shortly.

No idea what it is but it involves roast potatoes and stuffing
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X