• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to mention the fact that CovPuss II decided to sleep on the bed last night. All fine until at the merest crack of daylight he decided it was time to be fed - he was put out of the room sharpish. He can be very persuasive pawing away at heads, faces, anything else exposed...

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      Not to mention the fact that CovPuss II decided to sleep on the bed last night. All fine until at the merest crack of daylight he decided it was time to be fed - he was put out of the room sharpish. He can be very persuasive pawing away at heads, faces, anything else exposed...
      Welcome to my world.

NorPuss II always sleeps in the bed, which is fine till he decides he needs more space.

Would lock him out but he has learnt how to open the door and would kick up a hell of a racket until one or t'other of us would let him in.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Waiting for an Amazon delivery, which means I can't go out and do stuff

Knowing my luck they'll turn up while I'm next door getting the flu jab and take it away again, or possibly hand it to a passing stranger

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Knowing my luck they'll turn up while I'm next door getting the flu jab and take it away again, or possibly hand it to a passing stranger
          Amazon bought a chunk of Yodel recently, so I wouldn't be surprised.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Is it a new anorak?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              I know

It's been shipped by "Amazon Logistics", which is their cover term for "not by Royal Mail". What it means in practice is that it's been sent by whoever was cheapest in a kind of spot trading scenario. Sometimes it'll be a self-employed man-and-van type; they tend to be OK, actually. I think there may be one or two better known carriers that get in on the action. But sometimes, yes, it'll be Yodel; and then you're ****ed

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Is it a new anorak?
                The Complete Works of Primo Levi. So kind of

Comment

It's arrived!

Now I can have a shower. That will then leave me with not enough time to do anything else before going for the flu jab

Comment

Been ordering rather a lot of stuff from amazon of late, mostly swanky curry dishes to serve stuff in for the competition and cookbooks.

you've reminded me, must check when the flu jab is being done at the docs. Over here they have someone in the main waiting room, you walk up, roll up your sleeve and then they stab you, and then you leave.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      That's why they wouldn't let me post a review stating that the Yodel courier had left a package in my niece's garage minus it's contents...
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X