• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I went to see my old client last week.

Turns out that their definition of "contract work" and my definition of "contract work" don't align. Their finance people have put the kybosh on any more long-term ltd co contractors starting. The offer on the table is a FTC as an employee...

To be fair it's enough of a jump on my current salary to make it worth considering, and I know that I can do the work with my eyes closed. But OTOH, FTC? Eww....

The saga seems in no danger of a resolution just yet.

Comment

I am trying hard to avoid working this weekend. Again...

Comment

FFS, I've got to stay away from Amazon. Saw a tweet about a new Bob Dylan box set of recordings from 1965-66 coming out in November. Had a look on Amazon, ended up ordering (which is like preordering, but grammatically correct rather than a made-up tautologous word) it. Over £100

Then I saw another tweet about the new two volume collected poems of T S Eliot, also due in November. Bam! £65

And of course the "Stuff on your wish list" section then caught my eye, resulting in me buying a Mu folding charger, and the Complete Works of Primo Levi (hardback, three volumes, boxed set). Another £100-odd quid

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          FFS, I've got to stay away from Amazon. Saw a tweet about a new Bob Dylan box set of recordings from 1965-66 coming out in November. Had a look on Amazon, ended up ordering (which is like preordering, but grammatically correct rather than a made-up tautologous word) it. Over £100

Then I saw another tweet about the new two volume collected poems of T S Eliot, also due in November. Bam! £65

And of course the "Stuff on your wish list" section then caught my eye, resulting in me buying a Mu folding charger, and the Complete Works of Primo Levi (hardback, three volumes, box set). Another £100-odd quid
          You are a contractor and single! What else would you be spending your money on?

Comment

It's the third time in three weeks that I've ordered a boxed set of books and been told "This item is too large to be delivered to an Amazon Locker", the other two being the complete Penguin Little Black Classics and Knuth's The Art of Computer Programming

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Coke and hookers?
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                You are a contractor and single, maybe he has ex wives to support too
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  You are a contractor and single, maybe he has ex wives to support too
                  Nope. Though I do have a load of unassembled Ikea bookcases…

Comment

FFS, I've got to stay away from Amazon.
                    Frightening, innit?

Spent £600 on dvds and a book during August.

Comment

It's the third time in three weeks that I've ordered a boxed set of books and been told "This item is too large to be delivered to an Amazon Locker", the other two being the complete Penguin Little Black Classics and Knuth's The Art of Computer Programming
                      Bummer.

Have a

ZenChuryOm(tm) to make up for the stress.

Comment

Working...
                      X