• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other news, the Giant Rat of Sumatra is providing lunch for a magpie.

One for sorrow.

If you're the Giant Rat of Sumatra.

Comment

Roast beef this week, followed by the ZeitStandard(tm) rice pud with the very last of the apples off the tree.

I think there's sommat up with the oven coz it shouldn't have cooked stuff so fast at the temperature I'd set it at.

In the words of the almighty Catweazle

Originally posted by Catweazle
      Nothing works!

Comment

Well that was a most welcome post prandial nap.

Time to go shopping, followed by time to trim the hedges.

A lizard's work is never done.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey but dry here. Quite mellow in a vaguely autumnal fashion, although of course autumn doesn't really start until Wednesday

Comment

This weekend very interesting. Up in Wales for baby bp's birthday.

Having a marvelous time.

Comment

My mum has phoned, so I can start making my tea. She has an unerring knack for phoning while I'm in the middle of cooking, usually at a crucial moment, so now I just wait until she's rung before getting started

(I would call her, but she seems to spend the entirety of Sunday afternoon on the phone to various people, so I only ever get the engaged tone.)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                My mum has phoned, so I can start making my tea. She has an unerring knack for phoning while I'm in the middle of cooking, usually at a crucial moment, so now I just wait until she's rung before getting started

(I would call her, but she seems to spend the entirety of Sunday afternoon on the phone to various people, so I only ever get the engaged tone.)
                A situation easily solved by subsisting on takeaways.

Comment

There we are, shopping done, hedges trimmed, gigantic hedge thing down the garden hacked about a bit.

Plus the Giant Rat of Sumatra has made a short flight into the canal.

Comment

Pussies having their first adventure into the great outdoors (apart from Minnie's unplanned excursion after falling out the bedroom window). They've just made it off the patio as far as the grass. All very new, exciting and a bit scary.

Comment

For those not on fb, sadly my mum died on Friday. Her TAVI heart valve op went really well, and they were very happy that it was all good, but she had a sudden turn on Friday - they think there was a bleed somewhere (perhaps not heart related even) but it all overwhelmed and they could not revive her. Feeling a bit numb at the mo, but OK. TCD's advice of "stay the right side of hammered" has so far stood me in good stead - he didn't specify which side the right side is! Appreciate the support from you guys through the ups and downs of aging and confused parents - despite my moans, I loved her a lot, and she will leave a big gap. Next few weeks looking hectic - have a feeling today (can't do anything before the coroner does their stuff) is the calm before the storm - or hurricane when super-efficient sister hits from Oz in a week or so!

Comment

Working...
                      X