• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd lot of washing about to come out of machine.

Haven't had the time or the inclination to fix up my super new vacuum pump to help with the leak.

Maybe for next week.

Comment

Spag bol for tea.

Used the last of the 2013 foot long spag.

With the addition of some BBE 01/2014 8" spag.

Tasted quite nice but needed more salt.

Comment

By "needed" I meant it "could have done with".

Comment

We're on the spin cycle at the moment.

Comment

Which just finished.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Which just finished.
              ZeitZenChuryOm(tm)

Comment

Back at the hotel again. There were less than a dozen of the conference crowd still there when I left the bar, several of whom were about to depart, but the bar tab was still running, AFAIK. Massive kudos to the sponsoring company that stumped up the cash

I'm in two minds about what to do with the rest of the evening. I could stay here and be fairly hungover tomorrow, or go out again and be very hungover.

I think I'll relax here for a bit and maybe get an early night

Or I might pop round the corner to the Fryer's Delight and get a bag of chips to eat on the way down to the Harp

Comment

Feeling peckish. To the chip shop! Then I'll see where I end up

Comment

Got a bag of chips and went off mooching through the streets with them. Very good chips they were too; very good indeed.

I made it as far as Endell Street near Covent Garden Tube before deciding that I'd rather get an earlyish night and head home tomorrow morning than continue to tolerate the hordes of tourists and fashion victims (though I suspect the latter had probably already left for Camden Town by that time).

So I'm back at the hotel

Comment

The ZeitWaterExtractionEquipment(LeakyWashingMachineVe rsion)(tm) seems to function rather well.

It comprises a bit of conduit with holes drilled in it, the ends stopped up with gaffer tape, a piece of plastic pipe, and a plastic 2 pint (1Litre) milk container with hole in the side.

The plastic pipe is hotmelt glued to the conduit and the milk carton, and the top of the milk carton has a hole in it which is the right size for the dropper out of a earwax dropper thingie which also fits the vacuum tube from the vacuum pump.

Litres of water extracted in nothing flat.

I shall patent the idea. g

The vacuum pump is mains energised, so that adds a little excitement to my rather tedious existence.

It may add rather more if I get it really wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X