• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Morning all.

TFIF.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Having popped in to Staples, I ended up buying myself an Oxford Set of Mathematical Instruments. They still come in a tin, like they've always done. Good to see some things don't change

One of the minor perks of my 11 plus scholarship was that, each year, the State paid for me to have a variety of stationery goods from the School Shop: several folders, some pens and pencils, various other things I've forgotten, and a pristine new Oxford Set of Mathematical Instruments. Despite having had a new one every year for six years (I didn't know about it the first year) I don't have a complete set left; though I still have several of the tins containing assorted oddments like loose nuts and bolts, either here or sitting in a box of stuff in my parents' loft.

So now that I have my nice new protractor, set squares, and pair of compasses, I am prepared for whatever the autumn may bring
        You read about that kid who got sent home from skool coz he didn't have a compass, didn't you.

This is worse than the finals dream.

That I endured the other night.

Again.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Having popped in to Staples, I ended up buying myself an Oxford Set of Mathematical Instruments. They still come in a tin, like they've always done. Good to see some things don't change
          We bought one for daughter also. I think they were on offer at Tesco - £1.50

Comment

Morning

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              We bought one for daughter also. I think they were on offer at Tesco - £1.50
              Stock up! Then in 30 years you can flog them all to nostalgic middle aged mathematicians.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Stock up! Then in 30 years you can flog them all to nostalgic middle aged mathematicians.
                I think most of the back to school stuff has been replaced with tins of heroes and celebrations. Plus last week I saw a row of mince pies

Comment

I won't mention the 'C' word but bought first present last week. Only because there was a 20% discount on the product if we used eldest unidays app on her phone

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    I won't mention the 'C' word but bought first present last week. Only because there was a 20% discount on the product if we used eldest unidays app on her phone
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning all TFIF
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X