• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, my memory of the timeslot colour schemes is a bit off. You can see them on this (slightly broken) archive.org capture of the Essex FM site from a month or two after the design went live: https://web.archive.org/web/20060406...uk/showsanddjs

IIRC there was another couple, one for certain special times when there was an extra nighttime show, and a teal one which was a generic fallback if timeslot information wasn't available or relevant for some reason.

Down there at 7pm you'll see Sally and Kevin. Their show was put together by a dozen or more people during the day in the same open plan office I worked in, and it really was a fun place to work. By the time they went in the studio just about everybody else would have left but I'd still be there, working late on my XSLT or CSS so I could leave early on Friday. They'd often stop for a chat with me when one or other of them popped out of the studio for a coffee, or to get something from their desk

As they were broadcasting from a studio behind a big glass window just a few desks down, I sometimes thought of going and waving goodbye when I left at around 8pm, but I wasn't sure what the etiquette was on waving at DJs as they're broadcasting, so I never did in the end.

Comment

Home.

Comment

In the pub

Enough people for it not to feel dead, not so many it feels crowded. Just right

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I thought the bundle of hotel and car park receipts from 2005 indicated I hang on to paperwork for longer than necessary; then I found a timesheet from 2001
          20 years min.

I've got payslips from 1973.

Comment

On the spike in the pantry, there's receipts going back to the 1920s and I found some birth certificates dating to the 1880s the other.

In other news, the concept of pumping the water that leaks out of the washing machine away seems slightly less than successful.

Ho hum.

Comment

Of course, I could simply buy another washing machine, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                20 years min.

I've got payslips from 1973.
                I've got rid of stuff from the Eighties a while back, but I'm in two minds about the Nineties at the moment

Comment

Hmm. Lock-in I didn't expect. I'll decide what to do about it after this additional pint

Comment

Much confusion in the kebab shop as the guy with the pronounced Turkish accent tries to determine what salad components the guy with the even more pronounced Lithuanian (?) accent wants on the chicken doner kebabs he's getting

Comment

Definitely a tad chilly.

Comment

Working...
                      X