• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a fry-up

Comment

Oops! Put three sausages on when I only meant to have two. Of course, that meant I had to have three rashers of bacon, to keep things in balance. What a shame!

Comment

More faffing about making space to assemble bookcases. Thinking now it would have been easier to get a double quantity of the narrow ones instead of the wide ones

Comment

Evening all.

Lunch was two bowls of lentil <pfffft> soup from Wednesday, tea was some spag bol, the bol of which was out of the freezer having been created by moi about a fortnight ago.

2nd run of washing has just finished, so I'd better go & peg it out.

Comment

There we are, it'll dry a bit in the sun before it goes down.

Comment

That's the sun going down, as in sunset, rather than the washing line breaking leading to the unexpected descent of said washing.

Which wouldn't make my day it must be said.

Comment

Well the pears stewed for sweet were softened a bit, but still almost inedible.

Dunno what I'm doing wrong.

They were nuked for ages too.

Comment

I thought the bundle of hotel and car park receipts from 2005 indicated I hang on to paperwork for longer than necessary; then I found a timesheet from 2001

Comment

Now to have a look on this USB stick that's been hiding under an armchair for about ten years…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Now to have a look on this USB stick that's been hiding under an armchair for about ten years…
                      Ooh, interesting! A load of photos from Stonehenge, taken at Summer Solstice 2005

And a folder containing a backup of my work at Bristol's GWR 96.3FM, as it stood at the start of September 2005 (EDIT: ten years ago this week, in fact), when I'd been there about seven weeks.

One rather cool thing about that site (which was implemented for, IIRC, forty-odd local stations across the UK) was that the colour theme changed depending on the time of day, correlating with the different show timeslots: IIRC it went something like orange for the breakfast show, moving into yellow and sky blue through the morning and afternoon shows, then I think grass green for drivetime, going into darker blues and deep pinks for the evening and nighttime shows, and finally a rich purple theme for overnights. This was all controlled simply by specifying a class on the <body> tag.

For testing, I used the space on the page that was intended to be occupied by a tower ad to show a panel of radio buttons, allowing me to switch the theme on the fly with a simple bit of JavaScript
                      Last edited by NickFitz; 5 September 2015, 19:34.

Comment

Working...
                      X