• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only two solitary eps of "Callan" left.

I shall miss him when it's finished, though there's the film to watch (a retread of the retread that was S1 ep 1 which was in itself a retread of the Play for today that originated "Callan").

And there's the Wet Job for Callan one off that they made for tv in 1980 or so.

I'm tempted to buy "The Sweeney" next.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Only two solitary eps of "Callan" left.

I shall miss him when it's finished, though there's the film to watch (a retread of the retread that was S1 ep 1 which was in itself a retread of the Play for today that originated "Callan").

And there's the Wet Job for Callan one off that they made for tv in 1980 or so.

I'm tempted to buy "The Sweeney" next.
      I bought the boxed set of The Sweeney back in 2008 after spotting it on special offer in the Virgin Megastore on Oxford Street as I was heading for the Tube out of London one Friday afternoon. I'd not really seen that much of it back in the 70s; it seemed to be considered a bit beneath our household (violent coppers on ITV, don'cha know), though my dad usually went off to the dining room to work on his novels in the evening, so if my siblings were away at university I sometimes got to put it on.

Watched it all once I had the set, and greatly enjoyed it. The box has been packed away for a while as part of the ongoing trying-to-get-the-flat-sorted-out project, but I'm looking forward to digging it out and watching it all again

I'd definitely never seen the one in the final series with Morecambe and Wise. Apparently they wanted John Thaw and Dennis Waterman to come on their Christmas show for a cop-show-themed skit, but the producers of The Sweeney insisted on M&W doing a guest appearance in return. All very odd

Comment

Anyway, just watched Non Stop starring a Mr Liam Neeson, whose name rings a bell. A ripping yarn if ever there was one; highly recommended

Comment

Morning all.

I remember watching the M&W ep of the Sweeney, all those many years ago.

We all giggled at how difficult it was to get that large ?Daimler? limo sideways in appropriate car chase fashion.

The driver tried hard but didn't quite make it.
          Last edited by zeitghost; 30 August 2015, 07:52. Reason: It was a daimler limo

Comment

For some reason I forgot to turn the oven down so the lamb & the rice pud got overcooked.

Still edible but not up to my usual standard.

Ho hum.

A little stewed apple livened up the rice pud rather nicely.

Comment

Gosh.

Whilst so much has been wiped, you can still get all the original Clangers and Noggin the Nog programmes on dvd.

Graculus.

Graculus

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Rain here now, though not torrential

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Gosh.

Whilst so much has been wiped, you can still get all the original Clangers and Noggin the Nog programmes on dvd.

Graculus.

Graculus
                  I've got the Clangers DVDs

Comment

This looks like fun: Universe Sandbox

"Making it easy to fling planets into stars"

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I've got the Clangers DVDs
                      And what about the Shaun the Sheep dvds?

Comment

Working...
                      X