• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to persuade Mr ms it would be a good idea to take mother to the BBQ. He says he can't possibly ask his sister, but I'm pretty convinced she'd say "yes, of course" and really not mind...

Comment

Nighty night all. Hope to feck I sleep...

Comment

Time to wave goodbye to another crappy week. This week I actually managed about four hours of work in spite of my useless colleagues and useless PM wannabe. Sadly most of the rest of the week has been spent turning up late, going home early, "W"FH etc.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was any hope of a new job on the horizon. Of course I'm now going through the usual round of pimps talking me up as a great candidate and then never speaking to me again. On top of that - if I have to explain to one more pimp why I stopped contracting two years ago (and have been in a permy job since), and then justify why I should be considered for a rise to a half-decent salary from my current meagre one, I'm going to punch someone.

Luckily I have a bottle of 18yo Speyside to help me through evenings like this (which are all too common right now).

Off to bed soon, ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Keep checking, they seem to come and go.
          The plant is untouched. I should remove the seed heads before they open though.

I discovered a lovely green caterpillar on the broccoli I've got in the fridge.

I must remember to let it go if I can find a bit of cabbagie stuff to put it on.

Last year when I was busily digging up the mint etc. I found loads and loads of hawkmoth caterpillars, which I religiously transferred elsewhere.

Haven't seen one this year.

Last edited by zeitghost; 28 August 2015, 22:43.

Comment

Bugger.

They live on willow herbs.

Not sure there were any in the patch I transferred them to.

Could have put them on the fuschias instead of course.

Comment

Night all.

Comment

Re-watched BBC's thriller State of Play. If you've never seen it, it's about a journalist uncovering a big Parliamentary scandal involving a politician who happens to be a friend of his; and it's absolutely excellent - even better than I remembered.

However, I did notice one weird anomaly - or more accurately, complete ****up - at the end.

(Spoiler alert.)

The journalist and his team are seen looking over the three pages of the broadsheet paper devoted to the final story that pulls all the threads together, pages two and three being divided into a bunch of explainers about the different aspects, each with its own headline in a bold serif face.

Then he goes into the printing plant and watches the papers running through the presses. The camera tracks over the scene, the speed of the papers travelling along apparently synchronising with the camera's frame rate such that the pages are seen slightly blurry, but seeming fixed in place as they rush by; and the camera lingers on the various explainer headlines.

Which are in a sans-serif face

I assume the imagery of the papers rushing through the presses was superimposed using CGI (even back in 2003 that would be cheaper than printing a load of fake papers), but it seems a little sloppy not to have coordinated the font, even at the basic level of whether or not it had serifs, between the props people that supplied the printed copy they looked at and the CGI people that created the watching-the-press effects

Comment

Parkrun time...

Comment

Morning all.

Here we are again again.

Comment

Morning all

Cat has been in the wars again. Out scrapping with two other cats. Got some nasty scratches across his face, on in the corner of his eye. Cleaned up all the blood and he seems ok. Ate his breakfast and went straight back out again.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X