• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Corbyn loves terrorists thread appears to be calming down again.

Should I give it another poke?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Tried to book myself in for an eye test at Boots. When you submit the form, there's no acknowledgment or anything: it just takes you straight back to the same form, blank. I had absolutely no idea if it had worked.

After about ten minutes an email arrived telling me it had, and they would "be in touch". So once that eventually happens, I'll find out the date and time.

FFS

Comment

Next up was trying to book the car in for a service and general check-up. As it may need some Toyota-specific work doing, I want to take it to the Toyota place, rather than the usual place which is OK for oil changes and such but might not have some brand-specific tools or what-have-you.

After going through various options, I'm finally presented with a nice neat summary of everything I've selected, and just have to hit the "Confirm and book" button.

Said button does nothing. Looking in the JS console reveals that pressing it just causes the error "ReferenceError: Can't find variable: _gaq" to be logged.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
          I've been humming that to myself all day.

He's been.

Controller pcb.

That's gonna cost BG about £350.

And it's the 2nd time it's gone.

Not the most reliable of parts.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            The Corbyn loves terrorists thread appears to be calming down again.

Should I give it another poke?
            Use a long stick

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              I've been humming that to myself all day.

He's been.

Controller pcb.

That's gonna cost BG about £350.

And it's the 2nd time it's gone.

Not the most reliable of parts.
              Designed and built by an Esteemed Customer no doubt!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Tried to book myself in for an eye test at Boots. When you submit the form, there's no acknowledgment or anything: it just takes you straight back to the same form, blank. I had absolutely no idea if it had worked.

After about ten minutes an email arrived telling me it had, and they would "be in touch". So once that eventually happens, I'll find out the date and time.

FFS
                I used to phone mine up when he moved to Swansea.

When he was in Neath as well, I'd just pop in & make an appointment.

Because of my great age, eye tests are free.

Comment

Probably one of the Fine Art lot making an installation

Comment

Quite possibly.

There's probably not much wrong with the board, it seems to be failing to ignite, or maybe the gas valve control is buggered.

Odd that it worked for all of 20 mins before the chap turned up.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      I used to phone mine up when he moved to Swansea.

When he was in Neath as well, I'd just pop in & make an appointment.

Because of my great age, eye tests are free.
                      I don't have a regular one. I'm only going to Boots because it's handy, being in the shopping park place. I'll be having the specs made at a huge discount at the lab up the road, so all I want is the prescription

Comment

Working...
                      X