• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stone me, it's a bit foul in the kitchen at the moment.

Gawd nose what it'd be like if I didn't have the cooker hood going full blast.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      We used to have different coloured bags for different stuff but now it all goes in transparent bags & that's it.

There's a little bin for foodwaste that I don't use, and another bin for tins and bottle that I may start using in an attempt to get shot of the hundredweights of jamjars & bottles.

I used to take them to the bins in the carpark but the council have taken those away to save money.

So it's a case of driving 3 miles down to the Briton Ferry recycling centre next to the pikey traveller encampment.
      Before they started the new system that allows us to put glass in the recycling bin, I used to take it to the bottle banks in Sainsbury's car park, about two miles away. It never occurred to me to use the bottle banks 100 yards down the road

Comment

Well, there's been a shower of sorts; heavier rain due any time now, in theory.

Comment

The clouds here have gone a whiter shade of pale (grey).

Comment

As I was trudging down the garden path to the car, the batphone beeped at me.

The carehome had left a message at 10:30 re a possible TIA suffered by ZeitMater.

Since a) there's feck all signal downstairs and b) the batphone was in a different shirt pocket in a different house at the time and c) the batphone turned itself off coz of low battery, I didn't get around to finding this out until I'd returned from shopping.

By which time they'd determined that there was nothing much to be done, sent her to bed, and cancelled the ambulance.

So there's another tedious n hours not spent in A&E.

<ZG in "cruel uncaring son" mode>

Comment

In other news, the black mould seems to be retreating a bit.

Found some really gross stuff on the wall behind the unit drawers, so pulled the drawers out & nuked it.

<cough> <cough> <cough>

Dunno what this stuff is doing to the mould but by gum it's not doing me much good.

Comment

I'm now having a quiet sit down for 5 minutes before I start again.

Comment

I think I'll burn the accumulated rubbish in the grate.

<ZG in "I love looking at flames" mode>

Comment

Tiddley pom ti pom.

Is that mauve ape chappie annoying or what?

Comment

ad;ajf;sdfj

Comment

Working...
                      X