• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Sunny here

Supposed to rain later, but the long-promised thunderstorms appear to have been cancelled yet again

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Morning!

Good wedding yesterday, although it rained a lot. Swam in the sea, ate pig, drank wine, all good!
      Sounds like fun!

Comment

Feck me.

Been clearing out yet another kitchen cabinet, the one next to the one under the sink.

ZeitMater's collection of odd bits of aluminium foil and useful (?) coleslaw pots has taken an age to wash.

Got to wash it coz I'm throwing 99% of it away & I wouldn't like the bin men to think I put dirty unwashed stuff in the recycling.

<thinks to self, is this plastic recycling collection week or is it next week?>

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Supposed to rain later, but the long-promised thunderstorms appear to have been cancelled yet again
          Non stop rain here.

The ducks are happy.

Comment

They also can't stick one of those "mixed recycling" stickers on my recycling since it's all sorted according to what type of plastic it is.

<ZG in "obsessive compulsive cleaner" mode>

Comment

And I found a cafetiere.

Which is handy since I have a number of unused bags of ground coffee hanging about.

Probly gone off & nasty by now though.

Comment

I dunno what the agent orange is doing to the black mould but it's making me cough.

<cough>

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  They also can't stick one of those "mixed recycling" stickers on my recycling since it's all sorted according to what type of plastic it is.

<ZG in "obsessive compulsive cleaner" mode>
                  One good thing about living here is that we can put all the recycling (even glass) in the same bin, and it gets sorted out at the other end

It's about the only worthwhile thing the council has ever managed

Comment

We used to have different coloured bags for different stuff but now it all goes in transparent bags & that's it.

There's a little bin for foodwaste that I don't use, and another bin for tins and bottle that I may start using in an attempt to get shot of the hundredweights of jamjars & bottles.

I used to take them to the bins in the carpark but the council have taken those away to save money.

So it's a case of driving 3 miles down to the Briton Ferry recycling centre next to the pikey traveller encampment.

Comment

Well there we are.

Lunch prepared & eaten.

Heinz 5 beans and a bit of Hovis thick slice wholemeal.

Yum.

Living the dream.

<cough>

Comment

Working...
                      X