• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not bothering with the pub tonight. It's too warm for a start. Also, I always seem to get a bad hangover when I go there. I reckon it's those American-style IPAs that are all the rage, and for which they offer no alternative despite their core clientele not being particularly hipsterish in nature.

I suppose I could try another pub and spend an evening drinking bitter, just for comparison purposes, but Saturday night probably isn't the best time for venturing into strange hostelries in the city

Sainsbury's have given me a voucher for bonus points if I buy wine, so I'm drinking the wine I bought last time they did that, to make room for more

Going to watch a film, I think. Not sure what just yet…

Comment

Just watched another ep of "Callan".

Just for a change.

Still dunno exactly what it was about.

"Callan" Rules of the Game (TV Episode 1972) - IMDb

I'm not terribly sure Callan, or rather Hunter, knew WTF it was about either.

Comment

Not very warm here any more.

And it's been chucking it down intermittently.

Comment

Just finished my bottle of Warninks.

I've been drinking it eveninks and morninks, as specified in the advert.

Feel sick now.

Night all.

Comment

Watching the Wall Street sequel, Money Never Sleeps.

I seem to remember advice to writers, including screenwriters, that you should always ask yourself "How does this move the story forward?" and, if it doesn't, cut it ruthlessly.

There's quite a few scenes in here that would have benefitted from such an approach.

For example, the motorcycles-down-the-mountain-road scene is completely unnecessary, thereby rendering the flying-out-of-New-York-in-a-helicopter scene leading up to it equally unnecessary. They could have had the conversation that is the punchline of those scenes in a lift at the office, or even stood outside the building to save time building a lift set.

That might have left more time for people to persuade other people to completely reverse their positions on the matters they hold most dear to their hearts by eloquent persuasion, rather than in twenty seconds with a few hand-wavy sentences.

Ho hum

Comment

Morning all.

And it's yet another grey dull depressing day.

I've had to turn the lights on to reduce the attraction of a bit.

Comment

ZeitBoredNow(tm).

In other news, for the first time in ages I'm not cooking a Sunday lunch.

So the half a leg of lamb in the freezer will have to wait for next week.

Today we are mould killing under the sink again, more precisely in the corner that's really really really difficult to get at.

Roller on a stick needed.

Comment

Morning!

Good wedding yesterday, although it rained a lot. Swam in the sea, ate pig, drank wine, all good!

Comment

Feck me, agent oranging the cupboards is heavy duty tulipe.

<cough>

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Morning!

Good wedding yesterday, although it rained a lot. Swam in the sea, ate pig, drank wine, all good!
                      Constabule, sergeant or inspector?

Superintendents tend to be a bit fatty.

Comment

Working...
                      X