• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Too hot to do anything outside...
    Same here, but I will have to venture out in a bit for this bbq.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Eating grapes, some green, some purple. Rather nice in this wretched heat

Comment

The heavens have just opened here

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          The heavens have just opened here

Our bad weather keeps getting cancelled by the weather app

I saw Toyah at uni - must have been 1981, I think

Comment

Afternoon - just got back from shopping at the bull ring with the girls.

My feet and wallet are sore.

Comment

Stone me, it's as humid as a gorilla's armpit at the moment.

It was raining this morning, then the sun came out & evaporated all the wetness, then it went in again, then it rained & now it's as grey as the proverbial 's arse.

And humid with it.

Comment

Just ploughed through the browser tabs I'd accumulated, again

Didn't bother counting, but there were about ten windows, with between one and fifteen tabs in each; probably averaged about five per window.

Now down to three windows, and a grand total of twelve tabs

Next step: quit and restart the browser, as it seems to keep a lot of stuff cached in memory from closed tabs

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Stone me, it's as humid as a gorilla's armpit at the moment.

It was raining this morning, then the sun came out & evaporated all the wetness, then it went in again, then it rained & now it's as grey as the proverbial 's arse.

And humid with it.
                  The weather app had gone back to predicting a storm here later, but now it's changed its mind again

The radar app predicts a block of rain carefully adjusting its course to miss us, and another one missing us on the other side at about the same time

Comment

It's getting dark much earlier these nights.

Always used to notice that on night shifts at 3M.

The 8pm tea break would suddenly be dark outside the canteen.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      It's getting dark much earlier these nights.

Always used to notice that on night shifts at 3M.

The 8pm tea break would suddenly be dark outside the canteen.
                      I've noticed that over the last few days - suddenly it's been dark when my dinner's ready

Comment

Working...
                      X