• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that's the cupboard under the sink agent oranged and mildew killer applied.

Dunno what it's doing to the black mould but it's fecking killing me.

And the junction box that feeds power to the shed started smoking so I had to replace it.

Couldn't see why it was smoking, I assume it was tracking across the insulation.

The new one doesn't smoke.

Comment

Guts are still in a bit of an uproar, so I think I'll pass on tea this evening.

And I have the joy of the ZeitParentVisit to come.

Comment

Amazon delivery finally arrived about half three. The Friday traffic was already building up by then, so I've postponed my trip to B&Q for some bits and bobs

The Amazon delivery guy phoned me from the front door, which is one way of avoiding the problem of the dodgy doorbell

Just ordered some more books from Amazon, which I'm having sent to the locker. I'd forgotten that having stuff sent here means potentially having to wait in half the day, now they don't use Royal Mail for everything. I'd rather be able to drive out to the locker when it's convenient for me, and be able to get on with other stuff in the meantime

Comment

*tap tap*

Comment

After bimbling about with a tape measure and actually measuring stuff and what have you, I've discovered that my inability to think in centimetres had led me astray in working out what desks to get. Good job I checked, as if I'd stuck with my original plan I would have ended up blocking the living room door

Why Ikea and such can't just use inches like normal people, I'll never understand.

Comment

Chinese for dinner

I really enjoyed it, too - I think my back feeling a good bit better helped

Comment

Glad to hear your back is improving.

Miserable things, backs.

Just watched the final two eps of Person of Interest S3.

I suppose we'll have to wait an interminable time for 5 to get around to showing S4.

I haven't died of agent orange poisoning.

Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Glad to hear your back is improving.

Miserable things, backs.

Just watched the final two eps of Person of Interest S3.

I suppose we'll have to wait an interminable time for 5 to get around to showing S4.

I haven't died of agent orange poisoning.

Yet.
                  Ta

How're the innards coming along?

Comment

Morning all.

Innards currently rumbling.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Morning all.

Innards currently rumbling.

Ho hum.
                      Oh dear. I hope you don't mind if I don't get too close.

I think I may upset any IPSE cc members here when they read my posts from this morning...
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X