• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleep elusive.

It wasn't elusive till child phoned home at midnight. It has been elusive since.

Comment

Giving it another go.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Comment

Morning denizens

Overcast, but I reckon the sun will clear that away before too long now it's up

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Twenty past ten?

Are you feeling ok?
            Much better for a half-decent kip, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Sleep elusive.

It wasn't elusive till child phoned home at midnight. It has been elusive since.
              Crisis, or thoughtlessness?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Crisis, or thoughtlessness?
                Well, sort of neither. He'd been at the docs yesterday afternoon - over the last three weeks he's started having migraine type headaches whenever he, er, something that I felt was maybe TMI to tell his mother!

For some reason the GP decided he might be having a intracranial bleed, and packed him off to the hospital for a CT scan. After three and a half hours of waiting, the A&E doc saw him, told not to be daft and to take paracetamol.

Not sure what led the GP to that conclusion in the first place.

Anyway, he phoned to let me know!
                Last edited by mudskipper; 11 August 2015, 05:56.

Comment

Daft thing is that he'd gone to the doc a week ago with very swollen glands under his armpits - visible - they look like golf balls, and he's had them about 6 weeks. Not painful. Doc then wasn't interested in the headaches, but was very concerned about the glands, ran bloods, and told him to come back in a week (yesterday). Bloods were clear, but the doc yesterday (a different GP - our local surgery is a mess at the moment!) wasn't interested in the glands and was concerned about the headaches. Having googled the glands (the way you do), I'd really like them to be making sure they know what the problem is!

Comment

But apart from that, he's a picture of health.

Comment

Morning all

Mask and snorkle needed for the ride in this morning.

It was somewhat damp.

My feet still are.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X