• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Unexpected present on the garden path:

One dead weasel.

I couldn't understand what I was looking at for a while, it being fairly grey and dark here at the moment.

First time I've seen a dead weasel though.
      I wouldn't even know where to get one

The only time I've ever seen a weasel, it crossed the M1 in front of me just north of Watford

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        When was it started? If you remember the time roughly, you can tell if a thread ID has vanished. Take the URL of a thread started around the same time and increment or decrement the number.

E.g. http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ff-thread.html will, if the number is changed to 108121, take you to http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...-requests.html - threads are identified by the ID; the forum name and thread title aren't actually used, though you get redirected to the correct version for that ID

If you get an error page saying "No thread specified" then you've either run off the end, or you've found the ID of a thread that was deleted
        Around the 17th of July judging by the press reference (the Wail).

I'll have a look tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I wouldn't even know where to get one

The only time I've ever seen a weasel, it crossed the M1 in front of me just north of Watford
          I remember seeing one very early one summer morn about 20 years ago.

It was at the bottom of next door's garden chasing sommat.

I can let you have a dead one if you like.

Comment

On this evening's visit to the ZeitParents, ZeitPater thought he'd been moved to a different room; in fact it's the same one he's been in for a year.

ZeitMater managed to enquire how her mother, my ZeitGrandmother, was.

ZeitGrandMother popped her clogs in 1967, which seemed to be news to ZeitMater.

Ho fecking hum.

Night all.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning denizens

Another start.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  On this evening's visit to the ZeitParents, ZeitPater thought he'd been moved to a different room; in fact it's the same one he's been in for a year.

ZeitMater managed to enquire how her mother, my ZeitGrandmother, was.

ZeitGrandMother popped her clogs in 1967, which seemed to be news to ZeitMater.

Ho fecking hum.

Night all.

GMIL thinks she's only in the care home until she can walk properly again, then she's going home to her mum's. She gets worried her mum doesnt know where she is. GMIL is 94, mum popped her clogs some time in the late '50's.

Thats when she doesnt think she's at the clothing factory she worked in as a girl, and grumbling she hasn't had her pay packet this week.

Ho, as you say, Hum.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Quite a drizzly day so far
                    Join IPSE

Comment

asdf
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X