• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Byeeeee

Comment

Home!

Late today, as we went to the pictures - my first visit to a cinema since Star Trek: First Contact which was, according to IMDB, in 1996.

It had dinosaurs this time. To my mind, they could have cut all the stuff at the start and end about the kids' parents. Their family was, frankly, not very interesting. And all that love interest crap could go too. They should have just gone straight in with dinosaurs being a bit menacing, then dinosaurs attacking everyone, then carry on with that until the end. Much better, and I could have got home earlier.

Oh, and all those shots of placid herbivorous dinosaurs grazing could go too. Frankly, grazing herbivores don't really make for an exciting cinematic experience when one drives past several fields of cows every day.

But once it got started and the blood was flowing and the bones were crunching, it was OK really
      Last edited by NickFitz; 21 July 2015, 19:27. Reason: mind, not kind

Comment

I did go to see a showing of a newly-restored print of Battleship Potemkin in 1997 or 1998, as I recall, but that wasn't in a normal people's cinema, but an arts centre/theatre.

Comment

Jurassic park was on telly a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't realised it was from several years before ms#5 was born and he'd never seen it, so it was quite nice to watch it again (and laugh again at ms#3 who used to be scared of velociraptors in his wardrobe)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I did go to see a showing of a newly-restored print of Battleship Potemkin in 1997 or 1998, as I recall, but that wasn't in a normal people's cinema, but an arts centre/theatre.
            Saw that in Swan Hunters shipyard on 1st May 2006. I'm shocked as too how long ago that was....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Jurassic park was on telly a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't realised it was from several years before ms#5 was born and he'd never seen it, so it was quite nice to watch it again (and laugh again at ms#3 who used to be scared of velociraptors in his wardrobe)
              One of the ITVs has been replaying them over the past week or so. I think JP2 was on last Sunday - I was channel hopping in London and saw lots of little dinosaurs attacking a man.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

That was another rather unrealistic bit, when they were going "OMG if anybody finds out about the dinosaurs escaping and running amok it'll put us out of business" - as if the general public have completely forgotten about the three previous occasions when exactly the same thing has happened over the preceding twenty-two years

Comment

Itchy arms. May have caught the sun a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Itchy arms. May have caught the sun a bit.
                    Could be velociraptor fleas from the wardrobe.

They do tend to hang around a bit & come out when the sun shines.

Comment

In other news, I finished* digging the weeds out of the new patch of soon to be lawn.

*the definition of "finished" depends on how fast the little feckers grow back.

Comment

Working...
                      X