• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Today's exciting news is that the automated tool I built to apply a modification to ~70 Chef cookbooks, which I set running immediately before leaving yesterday, has instead ****ed most of them hard due to the unfortunate omission of a newline character in a string, which just so happened not to affect the three or four I tested on

Having rendered them inoperative, the script then uploaded the changes to the main Git repository, where they triggered the Continuous Integration server to try to test and deploy them, causing almost everything to fail and turn red

Current status: knocking together a script containing methods like "is_****ed?" and "un****" during the lunch break from the planning session
    Oops.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Warm grey and a bit sticky here today.
      Just like mother's mashed potato.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Just like mother's mashed potato.
        I had mash for lunch, with cheese and beans.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Today's exciting news is that the automated tool I built to apply a modification to ~70 Chef cookbooks, which I set running immediately before leaving yesterday, has instead ****ed most of them hard due to the unfortunate omission of a newline character in a string, which just so happened not to affect the three or four I tested on

Having rendered them inoperative, the script then uploaded the changes to the main Git repository, where they triggered the Continuous Integration server to try to test and deploy them, causing almost everything to fail and turn red

Current status: knocking together a script containing methods like "is_****ed?" and "un****" during the lunch break from the planning session
          Oooops^2.

Are you sure you're not me?

Just askin' like.

Comment

Will look good on your CV when you apply for a job at RBS anyway
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Oops.
              Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Oooops^2.

Just askin' like.
              Not a problem

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Will look good on your CV when you apply for a job at RBS anyway

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Oooops^2.

Just askin' like.
                One of my specials was changing a bit field in an alarm panel without knowing that I should have interfaced with the downloader chappie so that his software matched up with mine.

The joys of contracting.

Comment

Now I think about it, that panel got scrapped & never made it into production.

Used an H8 IIRC.

Comment

Managed to bag myself a Morrison's jam tart during a break

Comment

Yum

That's A Good Idea.

I may purchase some on the way home.

I like jam tarts.

I purchased 5 jam donuts last week.

I could only manage 3.

The remaining 2 were consumed the next day.

Even more effective than immodium.

Due to the extended shutdown:

Byeeeee

Comment

Working...
                      X