• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is everyone in this wonderful heatwave today?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Cold, ClientCo has airconditioning on "alert nipples" setting

How's life with you? Any progress on finding gainful employment?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Is there a list?
        I'm sure one can be arranged

Comment

Glad ClientCorp has air conditioning

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Cold, ClientCo has airconditioning on "alert nipples" setting

How's life with you? Any progress on finding gainful employment?
            Things are fine.

No progress whatsoever despite using linkedIn, contacting agents, and applying for anything. Market is terrible here, am also applying in blighty, Belgium and Germany as well, so not for lack of trying. As of the end of this month myco will have run out of dosh for salary (sadly not for the taxman). Thankfully I have a warchest.

Need to look into monetising the blog somehow, hits have tripled, still not lots but it's gaining momentum. Also got sponsorship in the form of free meat from a Butcher if I do a specific recipe for them and also occasional vouchers from a kitchen shop.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Things are fine.

No progress whatsoever despite using linkedIn, contacting agents, and applying for anything. Market is terrible here, am also applying in blighty, Belgium and Germany as well, so not for lack of trying. As of the end of this month myco will have run out of dosh for salary (sadly not for the taxman). Thankfully I have a warchest.
              Come to the UK, any idiot can be a PM here

Need to look into monetising the blog somehow, hits have tripled, still not lots but it's gaining momentum. Also got sponsorship in the form of free meat from a Butcher if I do a specific recipe for them and also occasional vouchers from a kitchen shop.
              Hopefully the BBQ wins will get you some momentum, what are you thinking, advertising? Or more subtle sponsorship?

Think you could try and get together a food hamper or the like and use it as a prize give away to really the socail media side of the marketing, I am really liking the new look and feel of the blog BTW

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Just had my monthly two minute interaction with my "boss" for him to sign my timesheet. He was on the phone, so no words exchanged.

I look forward to next month's catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Just had my monthly two minute interaction with my "boss" for him to sign my timesheet. He was on the phone, so no words exchanged.

I look forward to next month's catch up.
                  Sounds perfect to me!

Comment

Things are fine.

Google AdSense is probably worth adding - limit it to the fairly unobtrusive text ads, as people don't really mind those, and experiment with placement in your page templates. A mate of mine makes enough to cover his household bills from Google with his photography site ads.

Also look into Amazon affiliate links for any stuff you review that's available from them. It's even worth getting all the affiliate accounts for the different regions set up (amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.de etc.) and putting up links with little flags - sadly, you can't use the same affiliate link code and have it work in all regions, or you couldn't last time I checked.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      Come to the UK, any idiot can be a PM here

Hopefully the BBQ wins will get you some momentum, what are you thinking, advertising? Or more subtle sponsorship?

Think you could try and get together a food hamper or the like and use it as a prize give away to really the socail media side of the marketing, I am really liking the new look and feel of the blog BTW
                      This idiot is getting nowhere in blighty as well. Doesn't even matter if you try and contact the agent after applying for summat, many of them won't take calls off candidates any more.

Need to drum up more likes for the FB page, it's getting there. Might offer cookery lessons as a prize incentive.

Thanks regarding the blog, I'd like summat a tad cleaner though, have tried various templates but blogger fecks them up every time

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X