• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a very distressed call from my mother. The hospital have confirmed she has leukaemia. Which we all knew last week - the news has just sunk in.

In slightly better news, step-father-out-law has agreed to chemotherapy for his bowel cancer. We were not expecting that so good news.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Just had a very distressed call from my mother. The hospital have confirmed she has leukaemia. Which we all knew last week - the news has just sunk in.

In slightly better news, step-father-out-law has agreed to chemotherapy for his bowel cancer. We were not expecting that so good news.
      <-manly
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        <-manly
        Thanks.

Even better news. I am off at 5pm to take the twins to dinner!

Will they pick McD or KFC or wimpy? I offer them anywhere they want and its always one of those. I suppose at least it is cheap.

Comment

ClientCo, while celebrating National Women in Engineering Day tweeted, which was picked up by the Prime Minister's office and retweeted, ClientCo was understandibly impressed so plastered it over the intranet as a screenshot, not realising they also picked up a troll reply in the screenshot
          Last edited by SimonMac; 23 June 2015, 15:03.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Phone call from MrsB.

Cat has been in the wars again. Another trip to the vets, this time with an infected bite on the side of his head. Too close to his one remaining eye to risk lancing it while he is awake and he's too old to risk sedation. Sent home with heavy duty anitbiotics, painkillers and cleaing swabs.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Phone call from MrsB.

Cat has been in the wars again. Another trip to the vets, this time with an infected bite on the side of his head. Too close to his one remaining eye to risk lancing it while he is awake and he's too old to risk sedation. Sent home with heavy duty anitbiotics, painkillers and cleaing swabs.

Is the cat fighting another cat?

Comment

Oh goody. Phone call from my brother. I should have known I would not get a straight answer from my mother. My mother actually has weeks to live. The leukaemia is very acute and has 80% burst cells which is bad.

Will see how she settles. But now planning how to get the kids to see her. If she wants to see them.

She has refused chemotherapy. I have to understand the reasons why before deciding if good or bad. If I was 84 with weeks to live, I would not want to go through pain and misery to get another month!

Comment

time to say Byeeeeee since this box takes forever to shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

time to say Byeeeeee since this box takes forever to shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Oh goody. Phone call from my brother. I should have known I would not get a straight answer from my mother. My mother actually has weeks to live. The leukaemia is very acute and has 80% burst cells which is bad.

Will see how she settles. But now planning how to get the kids to see her. If she wants to see them.

She has refused chemotherapy. I have to understand the reasons why before deciding if good or bad. If I was 84 with weeks to live, I would not want to go through pain and misery to get another month!
                      Sorry to hear that, Brillo

Comment

Working...
                      X