• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Speaking of which, the garage owner who's done my MOTs for the last 40 odd years has popped his clogs at the young age of 72.

He had MND, poor sod.

Rest in Peace, Roy Lewis.
    Always a shame when we lose a good mechanical engineer

Comment

Another bright one! CTC are cycling to Runnymede for the 800th anniversary of the signing of the Magna Carta, but it's a 70 mile round trip and I fear I am not fit enough. Might do a shorter ride once I've had a mug of tea or two...

Comment

Ku de Ta. Bali. Equatorial. Bintang. Cold. Nice. Gili T tomorrow. Timeout...
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

In my linkedin feed (from OU):

"Completion of OU studies has enabled me to apply for bigger and better contract positions …None of this would have been possible without the OU.” Tony Bateman’s Masters in Engineering has seen him work in 50 countries. Proof of our global standing with employers."

Do I explain that contract positions != employers?

Comment

I had to. I've clearly been hanging round forums with NLUK for too long.

Comment

Morning all

Bright and sunny again. Spent yesterday visiting various real ale establishments and sampling their wares. Most enjoyable
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                I had to. I've clearly been hanging round forums with NLUK for too long.
                Indeed.

I hope it was more successful than my attempt to enlighten the radios-tv site on the intricacies of the Siliconix Swansea house coding system for ancient (1979 if I'm reading the date code correctly) VMOS metal gate devices.

And

Afternoon all.

Comment

Roast beef today, followed by rice pud and stewed gooseberries (picked 2012, green).

The eating of the gooseberries has successfully made some space in the freezer.

Comment

time to do the dishes, then bugger off out to so some food shopping.

Comment

Greetings denizens

Bright one here again

Comment

Working...
                      X