• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Red bull is for wimps
    Next Monday I am going to buy red bull for my event. Will 4 cases of 10 cans(250ml each) be enough?

That is on top of caffeine gels, coffee...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Next Monday I am going to buy red bull for my event. Will 4 cases of 10 cans(250ml each) be enough?

That is on top of caffeine gels, coffee...
      Without digging out all the references, 3mg caffeine per Kg of body weight, starting about an hour before the event and maintained from there would do it.

No idea how much is in Red Bull tbh. Work out your own figures and go from there.

If you already drink a lot of caffeine then you need to up the dosage to get the same effect. With the amont I drink I'd need to double or triple that!

Personally I wouldnt use Red Bull, I'd be worried about the effect of all that carbonated liquid on my digestion. The last thing you need is for it to start making you puke, or worse...

You might find it's actually better to go for a caffeinated sports drink instead, or just use the gels on their own as they will be quicker and easier to consume on the move and wash down with water / carb drinks.

A lot of the pro cyclists will drink a Coke while riding but only as a supplement to the energy drinks to give them a break and something that tastes different.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 14 August 2016, 07:24.

Comment

Wazzing it down. Much rattling from the extensive skylights in the roof

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Without digging out all the references, 3mg caffeine per Kg of body weight, starting about an hour before the event and maintained from there would do it.

No idea how much is in Red Bull tbh. Work out your own figures and go from there.

If you already drink a lot of caffeine then you need to up the dosage to get the same effect. With the amont I drink I'd need to double or triple that!

Personally I wouldnt use Red Bull, I'd be worried about the effect of all that carbonated liquid on my digestion. The last thing you need is for it to start making you puke, or worse...

You might find it's actually better to go for a caffeinated sports drink instead, or just use the gels on their own as they will be quicker and easier to consume on the move and wash down with water / carb drinks.

A lot of the pro cyclists will drink a Coke while riding but only as a supplement to the energy drinks to give them a break and something that tastes different.
            Super post! So I am 80-90kg. A tin of 250ml red bull is 80-90mg. So I need 3 tins to get me to peak performance. Caffeine has a half life of 3-5 hours - call it 4 hours. So every 4 hours I need another 3 tins. The event lasts 130 hours - add an hour beforehand and 9 hours afterwards(I am going to need it). So I need about 105 tins!

Okay - I am going to sleep. And I will get caffeine from other sources. But I reckon 40 tins should be a good start. I can always pop down the local co-op for more.....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Wazzing it down. Much rattling from the extensive skylights in the roof
              Due to rain here - but just the odd drizzle so far. I am hoping to holds off so I can meet the twins for dinner on the way home...

Comment

Lots of hail here earlier. Sunny now.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Super post! So I am 80-90kg. A tin of 250ml red bull is 80-90mg. So I need 3 tins to get me to peak performance. Caffeine has a half life of 3-5 hours - call it 4 hours. So every 4 hours I need another 3 tins. The event lasts 130 hours - add an hour beforehand and 9 hours afterwards(I am going to need it). So I need about 105 tins!

Okay - I am going to sleep. And I will get caffeine from other sources. But I reckon 40 tins should be a good start. I can always pop down the local co-op for more.....
                  I use these when I need a pick me up

Caffeine in Starbucks Double Shot

Red Bull in comparison

Caffeine in Red Bull

Reading that link, its quite scary I normally have two a time!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 14 August 2016, 07:25.

Comment

ClientB's client have a database column called ANAL.

Unfortunately the connection is down, so I can't do any work.

Comment

Working...
                      X