• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open water swim done. And gosh was it cold! But I managed 1.5 miles. Better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Open water swim done. And gosh was it cold! But I managed 1.5 miles. Better than nothing.
      I think it helped that on the train to get there I ate 5 tesco doughnuts! On top of my breakfast that is.

Comment

I think it helped that on the train to get there I ate 5 tesco doughnuts! On top of my breakfast that is.
        They were disgusting but gave me lots of energy.

Comment

They were disgusting but gave me lots of energy.
          After my swim I had a chat to a couple of swimmers. They are preparing for IM WAles. One of them had a new wetsuit on. It was very impressive. Only £375! As it is last years model...

Comment

After my swim I had a chat to a couple of swimmers. They are preparing for IM WAles. One of them had a new wetsuit on. It was very impressive. Only £375! As it is last years model...
            It has thinner neoprene in the arms than legs. So you stay flatter in the water. And there is extra shoulder/elbow flexibility.

Comment

It has thinner neoprene in the arms than legs. So you stay flatter in the water. And there is extra shoulder/elbow flexibility.
              That means you swim flatter.

Did you know that a 10% decrease in resistance is equal to a 33% increase in power? It goes with the cube.

Comment

That means you swim flatter.

Did you know that a 10% decrease in resistance is equal to a 33% increase in power? It goes with the cube.
                So if you are flat then you create less resistance. You have to imagine you are swimming down a very narrow tube...

Comment

Yeah right! I bet you got fed up with the noise and ran over it with your new car!
                  The flute is an awful lot nicer than a violin....
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    The flute is an awful lot nicer than a violin....
                    Yes. But the reason you had to replace your old car was you ran over your daughter's violin and it broke the car...

Comment

Sounds like kidology science.

Comment

Working...
                      X