• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Now we know what went wrong. I think its called failure to pay attention to detail...
    Agree. But seeing as 39 passengers got it wrong I think also some blame has to be taken by the airport for not displaying the detail in an easily legible format.

Also, if there is only one runway, how can both flights have the same scheduled departure time unless they take off side by side? Isn't that just an unnecessary confusion?

Also the Ryanair help desk say that every day at the same time they get mobbed with complaints about the same thing. Isn't it more profitable to just fix the glitch?

In this case I am a dumb end user, but if 50% of your user base complained about a feature they found unclear, even though you knew they were being thick, wouldn't you just fix it to keep them happy and off your back?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Morning all.

Another week commences in the slough of despond.

And to add to my joy, the recording of NCIS LA from last night stopped after 8 minutes.

Ho fecking hum.

Comment

Morning

WFH again, going full TWaT for the last few weeks of this gig, although I can now say I finish NEXT WEEK
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Ah. Looks like it was a repeat.

Problemo solved.

Comment

And Longmire finishes next Sunday, so that'll solve the problemo completely.

Comment

Morning
              I missed my usual train this morning by 10/15 secs (I was at the correct platform and correct station) and ended up getting the later one.

Still got me into clientco before 08:30 so I can still leave at 16:30.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Agree. But seeing as 39 passengers got it wrong I think also some blame has to be taken by the airport for not displaying the detail in an easily legible format.

Also, if there is only one runway, how can both flights have the same scheduled departure time unless they take off side by side? Isn't that just an unnecessary confusion?

Also the Ryanair help desk say that every day at the same time they get mobbed with complaints about the same thing. Isn't it more profitable to just fix the glitch?

In this case I am a dumb end user, but if 50% of your user base complained about a feature they found unclear, even though you knew they were being thick, wouldn't you just fix it to keep them happy and off your back?
                Suity is correct

I'm off for a lie down now.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  Suity is correct

I'm off for a lie down now.
                  I disagree as I actually think its intentional to have both flights at the same time.

Having them at slightly different times really wouldn't help as most people don't look at times but instead look at destinations and then head to the first gate that appears for that destination....

By having both flights at the exact same time I think Stansted hope people will check the flight code and head to the appropriate gate.

So what I think happens is Stansted have tried to solve problem a (people heading to the wrong gate based on destination) but created another problem (people heading to the wrong gate as they don't know what airline they are on)... The latter problem is probably one that airlines can treat as customer error so don't need to pay for...
                  Last edited by eek; 20 April 2015, 08:16.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I just have to agree it's all my fault then eek. My CBT book has helped me muchly.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

If 50% of my user base struggled to use a feature correctly, I'd expect to be fired for rank incompetence. Suggesting it was their fault would be sufficient proof that the dismissal was in no way unfair.

They (airport, airlines) fail, you are correct.

Comment

Working...
                      X