• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I daresay they'll manage to get the car back to me some time before next weekend
    for Super Monkey Car.

The ZeitFiat's MOT ran out yesterday.

Despite being off sick for a fortnight & on my hols all this week, the motivation to ring the garage & arrange another one was lacking.

Ho hum.

Comment

Sausage sandwich on nice, fresh, crusty white bread for lunch, washed down with orange juice

Where's the lard?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        to celebrate the fact that it's Saturday, I've just spent 2 & a half hours in A&E with ZeitMater.

Home reckoned there's sommat up with her walking, and A&E reckoned there isn't.

At least it was quiet, being a Saturday morning before the sports injuries arrive.
        <- manly

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Where's the lard?
          In the sausage rolls, I hope

Comment

Won a tenner on the National

Or, as a pessimist might put it: lost thirty-five quid on the national

Comment

If any of you remember that Bank in London I got booted out of because I refused to sign a "Holiday request form", well they are back in again for a Metastorm Developer.

The agent has said that they want all their contractors inside of AWR, and their is a clause for payment of bonuses.

It's paying 500pd which is for me one of the best rates I've had.

If they want the contractors inside of AWR, but don't pay annual leave how does this work? Is it a company just trying to have it's cake and eat it?

I know AWR and IR35 are separate pieces of legislation, but can you work inside AWR and be outside of IR35?
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

My very late lunch consisted of a Morrisons Liver and bacon thingie with mash.

Could have made it myself for a lot less, but couldn't be arsed.

Tea was a ZeitScrambledEgg treat.

I forgot the knob of butter this time.

But it did have toast to go on.

Apart from the bits that managed to escape to the floor, much to my irritation.

Comment

Won a tenner on the National

Or, as a pessimist might put it: lost thirty-five quid on the national
                  I've never won nor lost anything on a horse race.

We GALs only bet on a sure thing.

Comment

In the sausage rolls, I hope
                    I was tempted by some sausage rolls reduced in Tesco.

I resisted though.

What I find really odd about this latest ZeitLurgie is the changes to my appetite & taste preferences.

it's stopped me eating so much.

Comment

It's sunny out, but it's not very warm. I've got the kitchen window open, and it's distinctly chilly in there

I forgot to get spuds when I was shopping. I might just get some from Sainsbury's Local, if they have any decent ones

Comment

Working...
                      X