• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    If your real issue is with the sales people, and you still want the car, I'd be pushing to get the car at a reduced price - at the cost of the salesperson's commission. I'd be explicitly making clear to the manager / owner of the garage "That guy pissed me off. I'll buy the car if he doesn't get paid for the sale, and you reduce by that amount, otherwise you can shove it and have back what is now a used car to sell".
    That would be an option except the person who really got up my nose was the manager
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It appears to be 12:45.

That explains why I'm feeling hungry.

I shall go home & eat something to relieve that feeling.

Byeeeee

Comment

Well, that's better.

Just to add to the joy of life ZM has fallen over again.

They're talking about taking her to the falls clinic again.

It was ever so much use when we went there last year.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Well, that's better.

Just to add to the joy of life ZM has fallen over again.

They're talking about taking her to the falls clinic again.

It was ever so much use when we went there last year.
          It gives her an outing. They gave us tea and sandwiches at ours.

Comment

Oh yes, I remember that now.

And they fed her.

I had 3 chips.

Comment

Just got an email from cloggy SAP that they cancelled my training due to low enrollment.

They managed to screw up my holiday plans

Comment

"Friday" afternoon. Got to make it through the next 90 minutes before a 90 meeting to end the day / week.

A project review meeting where everyone knows, but no-one will admit, that we're not going to hit the Go Live date.

Comment

"Friday" afternoon. Got to make it through the next 90 minutes before a 90 meeting to end the day / week.

A project review meeting where everyone knows, but no-one will admit, that we're not going to hit the Go Live date.
                  Are you playing Deadline Chicken? Waiting to see who blinks first and admits that it can't be done?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    Are you playing Deadline Chicken? Waiting to see who blinks first and admits that it can't be done?
                    I have no involvement in the progression of the project at all, so I quite happily sit in these meetings and raise questions like "When's X going to be done then?", and "Last week we said Y would be ready by Monday, but it doesn't seem to work yet. Is something wrong?"

Spoke to a couple of the contractors more involved in the dev and testing - they are all saying we'll miss Go Live, and the only question now is which of the multiple items that are delayed will be the one that breaks the camels back.

Comment

I have no involvement in the progression of the project at all, so I quite happily sit in these meetings and raise questions like "When's X going to be done then?", and "Last week we said Y would be ready by Monday, but it doesn't seem to work yet. Is something wrong?"

Spoke to a couple of the contractors more involved in the dev and testing - they are all saying we'll miss Go Live, and the only question now is which item / team will be taking ALL the blame.
                      ftfy
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X