• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Back then, the pubs closed at ten thirty on a Sunday night, and I lived one-and-a-half miles from the pub. But I was in Highfields, and the pub was by the river, so it was all downhill, and the traffic lights were with me; and I made it there in seven minutes flat, from getting on my pushbike to standing at the bar
    Was drink riding allowed back then?!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Well, I enjoyed watching that again

I remember seeing it when it was first broadcast - 24 January 1990, apparently. It was a Sunday night, and it ran from eight till ten in the evening, though of course it finished a few minutes before ten, because commercials had to be shown.

Back then, the pubs closed at ten thirty on a Sunday night, and I lived one-and-a-half miles from the pub. But I was in Highfields, and the pub was by the river, so it was all downhill, and the traffic lights were with me; and I made it there in seven minutes flat, from getting on my pushbike to standing at the bar
      How long did it take you to cycle back
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        How long did it take you to cycle back
        Not long. I was fit in those days

Comment

Afternoon all.

I've lost 3/4 stone since last weekend.

It's a hell of a way to do it* though.

*Norovirus is worse, trust me on that.

Comment

I used to be quite good at plastering. The saying 'practice makes perfect' seems to be most appropriate following this morning's efforts. Actually;

'feck it, it's not getting any better' or
            'what time does the pub open'

seem more appropriate but i'm trying to be philosophical about the situation.

Comment

Even worser, my drinking arm aches. Wonder if i'll get barred for asking for a straw?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Afternoon all.

I've lost 3/4 stone since last weekend.

It's a hell of a way to do it* though.

*Norovirus is worse, trust me on that.
                Afternoon

The question you need to ask yourself is, how unpleasant would the necessary amount of exercise have been?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  I used to be quite good at plastering. The saying 'practice makes perfect' seems to be most appropriate following this morning's efforts. Actually;

'feck it, it's not getting any better' or
                  'what time does the pub open'

seem more appropriate but i'm trying to be philosophical about the situation.
                  They're open, I believe

Comment

Shopping has been done. God, the shops are a hateful place on Saturday lunchtime

But it's over now, and I have enough meat and drink to keep me going until the Bank Holiday weekend begins

Comment

Right, let's give these Lincolnshire sausages a try…

Comment

Working...
                      X