• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goddamn.

I'll be glad when this lurgie buggers off.

Comment

home

still <----

and it turns out that the reason why the network at home wasn't working was the router not the server. That was 4 hours wasted last night...
      Last edited by eek; 25 March 2015, 20:13.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

12 hours later and I'm not much further than I was this morning. Don't think I can bill client for 12 hours of going in circles.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Goddamn.

I'll be glad when this lurgie buggers off.

<- manly

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            12 hours later and I'm not much further than I was this morning. Don't think I can bill client for 12 hours of going in circles.
            Do you already have jQuery on the page? If so, a suitable plugin might save you a lot of time. If not, find a suitable plugin and use it as the basis for a solution.

Apologies if you've already thought of that and it won't fly for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Do you already have jQuery on the page? If so, a suitable plugin might save you a lot of time. If not, find a suitable plugin and use it as the basis for a solution.

Apologies if you've already thought of that and it won't fly for some reason
              Did originally look for a plugin when we built it several months ago, but there doesn't appear to be one that does what I need. Bunk gave me a nice simple bit of code that more or less did what I needed.

Got the scrollbar thingy working OK by capturing clicks outside the listbox and, if the listbox is visible, treating that like a blur (my original idea of a div was a no-go as there's no blur event on a div). Problem now is with the partial postbacks and rebinding. Worked fine before my tweak, but is somewhat temperamental now. I have tried about a gazillion different ways of doing it and back to where I started which is at least working most of the time. It refreshes on a timer (it submits batches of stuff, and refreshes the results till it finishes.)

Comment

Haven't had a beer, or any booze at all, since the pub on Saturday. Now making up for this lamentable state of affairs with a Poacher's Choice

Comment

Oh, and I cleared out some VMs I don't need at the moment from my MBA. 33GB freed up, which is a good chunk considering it's only a 256GB SSD.

Every so often I wonder where all the space has gone, then get around to running DaisyDisk and find old VMs for testing on IE that I don't need

Then I have need of them and put them back on, and after a while they end up sitting unused for months, and off we go again.

Comment

Amazing scenes here tonight, as I remember to make sandwiches to take in for my lunch tomorrow

The commentariat waits with bated breath to see if I actually remember to take them in the morning

Comment

I forgot to have lunch today. I've bought some grapes and bananas for tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                      X