• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I have created the thing the world has been waiting for: a rear-view mirror for Google Street View
    Link please Nicky boy!

Comment

Walked an arse ripping, leg fecking, butt frocking, shoulder banging 13.4 miles today

Ate an XXL portion of Fish and chips and I can now feel my legs fecked

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        Link please Nicky boy!
        It's still got a few glitches, and the code could do with tidying up. Also had to muck around with Google API keys, as well as extracting it from a larger project, but… here it is at a temporary URL (I'll try to remember to put in a redirect as and when it finds a proper home): Google Street View with Rear-view Mirror
        Last edited by NickFitz; 21 March 2015, 20:57. Reason: Missing hyphen in title.

Comment

It's still got a few glitches, and the code could do with tidying up. Also had to muck around with Google API keys, as well as extracting it from a larger project, but… here it is at a temporary URL (I'll try to remember to put in a redirect as and when it finds a proper home): Google Street View with Rear-view Mirror
          Caveats: only tested on Safari, modern browser required, etc. etc.

It's not even a prototype, just some bits of code slung together and stirred

EDIT: if you leave Street View for the map then go back in, it doesn't re-initialise properly. Resize your browser, even by just a pixel, and it'll sort itself out. I'm not going to bother working out what's going on and fixing it now, because I'm off to the pub soon
          Last edited by NickFitz; 21 March 2015, 21:16.

Comment

From A to B and back again

Now, last weekend I re-watched the first Matrix film, which was called "The Matrix". Good usability on the naming front there. It's a Matrix film, and it's called "The Matrix". You know where you stand with that one.

Having re-watched that, I want to re-watch the second Matrix film this weekend. (Yes, I know the sequels are crap.) But the question is, what is it called?

I know both the second and third begin with an "R". But which is first - "Reloaded" or "Revolutions"?

Neither of those names implies that it comes before or after the other. Maybe it needed to be reloaded before there could be a revolution. Or maybe there needed to be a revolution before it could be reloaded. Given that it's an arbitrary fictional construct, how can one be sure?

They should have used a consistent naming scheme that implied an order, like Shakespeare did with his "Henry" series

Comment

From A to B and back again

Now, last weekend I re-watched the first Matrix film, which was called "The Matrix". Good usability on the naming front there. It's a Matrix film, and it's called "The Matrix". You know where you stand with that one.

Having re-watched that, I want to re-watch the second Matrix film this weekend. (Yes, I know the sequels are crap.) But the question is, what is it called?

I know both the second and third begin with an "R". But which is first - "Reloaded" or "Revolutions"?

Neither of those names implies that it comes before or after the other. Maybe it needed to be reloaded before there could be a revolution. Or maybe there needed to be a revolution before it could be reloaded. Given that it's an arbitrary fictional construct, how can one be sure?

They should have used a consistent naming scheme that implied an order, like Shakespeare did with his "Henry" series
              Think it was Reloaded for the second, then the Animatrix, then Revolutions...
              Join IPSE

Comment

Caveats: only tested on Safari, modern browser required, etc. etc.

It's not even a prototype, just some bits of code slung together and stirred

EDIT: if you leave Street View for the map then go back in, it doesn't re-initialise properly. Resize your browser, even by just a pixel, and it'll sort itself out. I'm not going to bother working out what's going on and fixing it now, because I'm off to the pub soon
                Hardknott pass - top choice for testing it out

Appears to work ok on Firefox. Sheep in the road appear in the rear view mirror for added authenticity Just need to find some twunt who's got themselves stuck and test that bit now

Comment

Ah, that didn't take long. They've stopped for a picnic though, rather than actually being stalled on a hairpin. Only a matter of time I reckon.

Comment

Morning
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Afternoon all.

And a lovely sunny afternoon it is too.

There's another Sunday lunch cooked & eaten, beef this week & I remembered to cook the rice pud too, though I was a little over generous with the sugar, so it was toothachingly sweet, but cooked to a turn.

The beef wasn't incinerated either, which makes a change. :smokn <-sort of thing the beef does sometimes if I forget I'm cooking for one.

Comment

Working...
                      X